NAND Backup with A9LH

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by RusN, Feb 20, 2017.

1. RusN
    OP

RusN Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2016
    Australia
    Hi guys, I just created a nand backup with a9lh. If i want to restore it which option should i select ? Restore nand or restore nand (keep a9lh)? Is Nand backup includes A9LH ?

Edit: OK, Now i have 2 problems
    1- I dumped 2 different nand backups and their sha256 checksum's are different Is this normal?
    2- I checked the checksums with a program and this wont corrupt the backup right ?

2. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    nvm misunderstood

Last edited by Distrance, Feb 20, 2017
    RusN likes this.
  3. windhazard

windhazard GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Disregard the post above, A9LH is actually included in the NAND backup.
    - If you restore a pre-A9LH backup, you have to choose the option with "Keep A9LH", else you will lose it.
    - If the backup was created after you install A9LH, then which option doesn't matter. You will keep A9LH anyway.

RusN likes this.
  4. addi33

addi33 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 12, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Your post doesnt make any sense. a9lh payloads are stored in the FIRM partitions of the NAND

5. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    If A9LH is included in the backup then are you saying that if you uninstall A9LH, hardmod your console and flash the NAND backup that was made when you had A9LH you will then have A9LH again? Why would anyone do that? Idk, but it's just an example. If the answer to this bizarre scenario is yes, then I've misunderstood and I stand corrected.