NAND Backup time

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by ivoyko, Aug 9, 2017.

1. ivoyko
    OP

ivoyko GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    EOL DA ASCO
    First im not sure if this its the right place or its on Homebrew but let go to problem. I have a WiiU 32GB and im doing a NAND backup. Well its almost 24 hours now and still its almost 33% (00A3 from 03B3, i think a 0100 at least would be the third part). Well the thing its than i want know people with same WiiU how long can take this shit in be finished.

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I don't think it should take that long, does your SD card have at least 33 GB free?

3. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Typically and roughly:
    20 minutes for SLC
    more than 1 hour for SLCCMP (Vwii), despite being the same physical chip as the above it's aggressively reread 3 times for bad blocks, apparently
    About 15 minutes for 8 GB MLC, proportionally 32GB should be little more than 1 hour

4. GearCross

GearCross Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2016
    Portugal
    I thought mine took more than it should... 24 hours to just do 33% is ridiculous.

My 32GB WiiU took just over 3 hours to dump everything and I was using a fast SD card. Not that it matters, as long as it isn't class 2 or so card...

5. ivoyko
    OP

ivoyko GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    EOL DA ASCO
    Last edited by ivoyko, Aug 9, 2017
  6. GearCross

GearCross Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2016
    Portugal
    That SD card is more than capable specs wise. Unless, there might be a case of incompatibility between that card and the console. You have any other SD card you can try?

I backed up my WiiU NAND as it was, I didn't delete anything, though I had very little in it, pretty much only game saves and it still took over 3 hours. AFAIK, I believe that the backup is a 1:1, block by block copy, so being full or empty it won't matter as it'll copy even empty areas.

Last edited by GearCross, Aug 9, 2017
    Ryccardo likes this.
  7. ivoyko
    OP

ivoyko GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    EOL DA ASCO
    Sadly its the only 64GB card than i have. I has it on my 3DS and i moved all my stuff to computer for use it with WiiU. Well... i think i go to wait a week or more before this finish. Its ridiculous.