Shaqattack101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

Im new to the scene, so hopefully there is no thread for it already.

I got a switch with 3.0.2 and want to play the BotW DLC2 which needs an update.

Would it be possible (with atmosphere not the xecuter chip) to update to the latest firmware and later on downgrade with the NAND backup?

Thetoto

Trophies
XP
Country
France
No. You can't downgrade the Switch, because efuses. But you will maybe can launch a cfw with a lower version. But not original fw.

Last edited by Thetoto,
D

Deleted-442439

Welcome to the scene :)

To answer your question:

Atmosphere will run from emunand (SD card) and will thus be running the newest FW, so you can play BOTW DLC2 once Atmosphere is released.

However it is impossible to downgrade the NAND, so you will need to boot into Atmosphere every time you want to use it.

Reactions: NiftyBeard

Thetoto

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, I just edited my post. You can't load original firmware, without fusee gelee and RCM mode.
But yes maybe it's possible

Shaqattack101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for all your replies! So should I wait with the update until atmosphere comes out and therefore I will have an up-to-date cfw where I can play the dlc?

SkillingCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wether or not you're updating, you should consider keeping a backup of your nand (ofc one that matches your switch fw version because of efuses), even if what we have rn is supposedly safe, it's better to be safe than sorry, as you can always make a mistake. For example a nand backup saved my n3ds xl from becoming a paperweight, because I used dgTool on an already arm9loaderhaxed system to try to fix some issues (yeah genius lol).

Last edited by SkillingCat,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)