Hacking Nand Backup Failed

~De arimasu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I tried backing up my Nand for the first time just now and I've run into a problem.

I did it with the BootMii Backup on a 4.2 PAL Wii.

It was working alright although I ran into 4 bad blocks then it stopped and came up with

"Short write to block 2540: 16384 bytes
Backup Failed: -1"

Any ideas?

I'm not sure whether to turn my Wii off or not because of that big red warning cross over the power icon in the corner >_

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if you were backing up your nand, if u were to lose power (either intentionally or unintentionally) in the middle of the process, your wii will still be find, making a backup reads from the wii and writes to the sd card, so it does not change your wii whatsoever. So u can power it off and try performing another backup, if that also fails then maybe those specific 4 bad blocks you have prevent you from making a nand backup... in which case... be very careful not to brick!

~De arimasu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I tried using my other SD card and it worked fine so no problem now
biggrin.gif

Thanks for telling me though, didn't want to brick my Wii before getting the Nand dump.

typo99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well after trying another card, I finally got a nand dump also. Thanks for the suggestion.

One thing, during the backup it said it wrote keys, but I don't have a keys.bin file on my card.

Did it mess up?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning