N64 Jolt Pack Problem (Possibly a guide)

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Leach, Aug 13, 2009.

Aug 13, 2009
  1. Leach
    OP

Newcomer Leach Advanced Member

Bulgaria
    Tools needed:
    A regular screwdriver, a little knife, CR 2032 battery and NO soldering at all.

It's not much of a guide, since I don't think that someone needs it, but I'm showing you what I did, beacause I'm not really into this and I could've fucked up something...

So I got this little fella for free a while ago:
    [​IMG]
    It's a 1MB memory card and a Rumble Pack in one.

I decided to test it with FIFA '99 that both needs a controller pack to save and supports rumble packs.

*Turns N64 on* oh surprise- "This device cannot save/load any data".
    Oh okay, let's see what the rumble does... there isn't any. DAMN!
    Then I noticed that there is a little green LED on the thing and it wasn't glowing. Opening the device was the only option:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Nothing of interest here... lets look on the other side:
    [​IMG]
    Bingo! It has to be that damn litlle battery there! Lets remove it:
    *Use a little knife or something. You can even push it with a finger, but I can't show you, since I have only two hands and I have to shoot pictures*
    Insert the knife and twist gently a few times. Perfect! Oh, it's a CR 2032, just like the ones that my TV remote is using. I've got some of them here... (they should be easy to find everywhere).
    [​IMG]
    Okay, let's put it back in, it should be easy enough:
    *Could be a little tricky. Insert knife in the battery place and twist gently with one hand. Insert battery while it's still wide enough*
    Not a problem there, and without soldering and stuff! Yay... I guess.

Now to put in the controller, turn the console on an... *LED GLOWS GREEN* OH SHIT! THIS THING IS VIBRATING LIKE HELL! It can't stop... aaaargh!
    -------------------------------------
    And so, this jolt pack won't stop. It starts vibrating the moment I turn the N64 on, no matter if there is a game inserted.
    Tried it on different controller- same shit there. And it doesen't matter in which controller it is inserted or if the controller is in the 1st slot... it rumbles everywhere. It's obviously activated at the moment the N64 starts no matter what... and I'm completely puzzled.
    So, I hope that someone may find this helpful and I really hope for some suggestions!

P.S. I sorry for teh bad engrish!

2. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    That's pretty good for people who want to bring out their N64 and play some games which require saving devices like them and find out they are non working. Good job.

3. Leach
    OP

Newcomer Leach Advanced Member

Bulgaria
    Thanks! It's my first guide and I expected some bashing cuz it's not proffesional and stuff... and I actually made it for the experienced users to see if I fucked up something and not to show how to fix it (it's a better way, I'm sure).
    C'mon guys, any suggestions? I know there are people with way more experience that could help! [​IMG]