OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
3ds.stjinchan.host
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, I'm thinking about buying a N3DSXL (I have an O3DS atm).
Since Nintendo described the NX as a “brand new concept”, and according to some rumors it doesn't seems like a fold-able handheld with 3D, I'm going for the last console in this series. I want to buy one, but I'm curious on which system version this thing will run.

Do you thing getting a N3DSXL at this point is worth it? and will it be shipped with 10.7<?

icecreamcake

Trophies
XP
Country
We don't know much about NX to make a judgement. As for firmware, according to another topic on this page it's getting harder and harder to find exploitable firmware in stores and online.

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be quiet honest, all firmwares as of this post are exploitable. The latest, 11, is exploitable, only with a hardmod or softmod with the use of another 3DS that has been modded already. So you have options, and they aren't difficult. They just aren't easy.

mike a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought one a few weeks ago at gamestop, it was brand new, it came w/ vers.9.9.0-26 on it. actually it is really cool. instead of a touchpad like the old one, it has a joystick on the leftside (incredibly close to the console faceplate), and of course the cstick, which on mine is a touchpad cstick. I think they might have further revised it since the n3ds first came out. only 2 games I think are made exclusively for the n3ds though.

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you play with 3D mode turned on the N3DS is much better due to the face tracking.

It's also faster so you can do things like SNES emulation / vc

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol i turned off the facetracking,, it was kinda annoying if you ask me
In my opinion the face tracking makes the 3D no worse than if you were to simply have it off...

But when it works it's nice, you don't have to keep the screen perfectly aligned with your eyes to maintain the 3D effect.

dscdscdsc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the n3ds is worth getting since there are no solid details for the NX. It's mostly rumors and vague info. You could be waiting for something that doesn't exist. (not saying the NX doesn't exist but what people are saying it will be)

Reactions: mike a

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
its not like it'd be hard to sell a hacked xl later.

as for firmware, unopened bundles are probably still your best bet for below 11.0 firmwares.

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unopened N3DS XLs are all below 11.0 apart from the very new ones (the ones with new solid colours, JPN Super Famicom edition and the super new Galaxy one).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.