N3dsxl Flickering Screen PWR Save Mode??

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Zeldalife89, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Zeldalife89
    OP

Zeldalife89 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 4, 2016
    Netherlands
    Hey guys

Im having an issue..
    I recently exchanged my IPS new 3ds xl because the screen was super loose so i got a new one even tho its TN the hinges are perfect.

Problem is tho when i have Power Save Mode On and Auto Brightness OFF
    The screen will sort of flicker/dim every 5 seconds or so?
    I dont recall seeing this on my ips n3dsxl that i exchanged and i also used pwr save mode on that.. is this normal tho??

2. Bundok

Bundok Newbie

Newcomer
    May 11, 2016
    United States
    Did you buy it new or used, where did you buy it from? If you bought it new, it's probably defective and I recommend returning it and getting a replacement.

3. Zeldalife89
    OP

Oct 4, 2016
    Netherlands
    Its new but the store wont let me return it they say its power save mode because it goes away when i put it on off you sure its normal? They say it does that to save battery

4. Bundok

Bundok Newbie

Newcomer
    May 11, 2016
    United States
    Can you post a video of it dimming? It should only be dimming if you have auto brightness on.

5. Zeldalife89
    OP

Oct 4, 2016
    Netherlands
    Well it is dimming but auto brightness is OFF and its dimming in power save mode :/

6. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    When you say you had a N3DS XL with IPS screen, do you mean the hinge or the actual screen?

7. Zeldalife89
    OP

Oct 4, 2016
    Netherlands
    Well is it normal for it to keep dimming in power save?

8. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    when you have power-save enabled, the colors of the screen change slightly depending on what is being displayed.

9. Zeldalife89
    OP

Oct 4, 2016
    Netherlands
    Yea its not thag its flickering it seems like every 3-5 second the screen will dim and then normal them dim makin it seen like its flickering but it does this like every 5 seconds while i play is this normal then?
    I didnt notice this on the new 3ds xl i had before tho it was also in save power mode

10. Zeldalife89
    OP

Oct 4, 2016
    Netherlands
    well guess what i went back to store i showed them the dimming i got a new one they exchanged tn screen again tho (tn seems way common went thru 5 handheld)
    BUT the dimming/flickering is still there in power save mode so im guess its because of that? since 2 new 3ds xl act exact the same so im guess the slight dimming every 5 seconds is the save mode kinda happy to know its not my console

11. Zeldalife89
    OP

Oct 4, 2016
    Netherlands
    yeah i think thats what it is because i got a exchange and this one dims too the thing is it dims like every 2-5 seconds while you play making it look like a slight flicker i exchanged it even got a different color and model number even tho the screen is still tn it also still does the thing in pwm mode so i assume normal? i think this one is a keeper because the first one i got was ips display had issues returned it got tn returned it again tn again ans now again tn lol so yea tn def most common so i give up..
    so maybe this thread is solved?