Hardware N3DSXL eBay listing advice, obvious tampering

ArtofAstora

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone,

I just received an eBay order for a red N3DSXL. It was advertised with a broken home button, and the back plate screws "taken off for easy access to the micro SD". I accepted this when I bought it, but after receiving it I opened it up to check the board inside. There is one screw missing from the board, and the socket for the home button ribbon cable is smashed up, which is obviously why it doesn't function. The screw covers on the top screen have also obviously been removed. The circle pad is also a replacement, because the feel is completely different from the circle pad on my other N3DS (correct me if I'm wrong that the circle pads are the same on each model.)

What would your advice be in this situation? I'm not experienced with eBay refunds, so I'm not sure if signs of screen tampering, a missing screw and a different circle pad are enough to warrant a refund. I can also post photos if any of you would like to see.

Thanks in advance.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Submit a claim for item not as described, add photos and an explanation. Ebay usually side with buyers so you'll be fine. And there's no downside to trying. You will likely have to send it back, if ebay find in your favour the seller will have to pay the return postage.

Assuming you paid with PayPal, if you aren't successful with ebay you can then submit a PayPal claim. Before you do, make sure to sign up for "funded returns" so you can get refunded for your return postage cost from PayPal (PayPal don't make he seller pay it, which is why you try ebay first).

Last ditch effort is to get a credit card chargeback, but PayPal may ban your account for doing this.

ArtofAstora

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Submit a claim for item not as described, add photos and an explanation. Ebay usually side with buyers so you'll be fine. And there's no downside to trying. You will likely have to send it back, if ebay find in your favour the seller will have to pay the return postage.

Assuming you paid with PayPal, if you aren't successful with ebay you can then submit a PayPal claim. Before you do, make sure to sign up for "funded returns" so you can get refunded for your return postage cost from PayPal (PayPal don't make he seller pay it, which is why you try ebay first).

Last ditch effort is to get a credit card chargeback, but PayPal may ban your account for doing this.

Thanks bud, all done. I'll send tomorrow. Sad because it's an IPS top screen, I'd try to fix the home button but it's beyond repair :cry:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, why you hurting your sisters