Hardware N3DS XL Hardmod

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just got a new 3ds today and I'm planning on hard modding it. Have any hardmodders used a micro usb (type b) for their hardmods?

j3yps

Trophies
XP
Country
Cords and ports aren't the same. I was just trying to answer your question. If you're to lazy to even provide a proper response then I don't think I'd be able to help you further.

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cords and ports aren't the same. I was just trying to answer your question. If you're to lazy to even provide a proper response then I don't think I'd be able to help you further.
Let me re-write my question then :P

Has anybody on the forums used micro-usb ports for their hardmods? I was thinking of buying something like this and stripping it for a hardmod. Would anyone be able to provide a pinout for the micro usb port, or point me in the right direction of one? I'm finding Google a bit confusing atm....

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
Let me re-write my question then :P

Has anybody on the forums used micro-usb ports for their hardmods? I was thinking of buying something like this and stripping it for a hardmod. Would anyone be able to provide a pinout for the micro usb port, or point me in the right direction of one? I'm finding Google a bit confusing atm....
been done by other members many times, you can use any pinout of your liking as long as the lines don't share. use any of the 4. imo

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah there is no "pinout" needed, its just whatever way you see fit, as long as CMD go to CMD, CLK goes to CLK etc it really doesn't matter what order they go through the actual port

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
been done by other members many times, you can use any pinout of your liking as long as the lines don't share. use any of the 4. imo
Solder on the 4 CLK pinouts together gives better safeness on New 3DS XL. I make this for my installations all the time to avoid pinout snatching.
Solder on the 2 CLK pinouts for New 3DS too.

Last edited by milerwan,

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Solder on the 4 CLK pinouts together gives better safeness on New 3DS XL. I make this for my installations all the time to avoid pinout snatching.
Solder on the 2 CLK pinouts for New 3DS too.
By the 4 CLK pinouts, do you mean all 4 of the gold pinouts on the mobo?

chainsol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean four DAT points? Or do you mean the 3 other points near the CLK? I'd say soldering to the other 3 points might be bad.

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just talk about the 3 others points around CLK dot.
You can solder any of these points, 2 at same time or the four at the same time, it is similar.

Last edited by milerwan,

Tigroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, me. :)

You can find some pictures on my signature or from the list of hardmod installers here : https://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-hardmod-installers-by-region.414224/
I am acquiring parts to follow your N3DS XL tutorial in your sig (just waiting on shipping now), but I have a quick question. I read about someone installing a switch on their 3DS when they were hardmodding so the system would still work. If I follow your tutorial will the system run normally and allow me to dump/restore NAND? I'm sorry if this is a dumb question; I never intended to hardmod, I have to do it out of necessity now. Thanks.

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
a switch for what? they're all just open wires when not plugged to your card reader? blue debug screen only shows up when you have connections closed. (and or hardware problems)

I'm guessing it is a switch for the micro sd since it is a pain to remove the backplate every time you want to transfer stuff.

Last edited by leerz,
Reactions: Tigroid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.