Hardware N3DS Worth buying

Skyrider

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As the title says.. Is it worth to buy the console? And I'm talking outside the costs. I'm considering buying one.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Looking at its vast upcoming gaming library and powerful hardware, I would say yes.
smile.gif

Skyrider

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I actually wonder since there's better hardware in it that some of the DS games would either lag still on the Nintendo 3DS.. And I'm talking about Harvest Moon series.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Well, the 3DS did try its best to maintain backwards compatibility. No product is perfect
smile.gif

The 3DS games are what i'm referring to. The graphics and controls are far better than the DS line.

lilto89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe the OP should wait until more games come out? Or wait until they make an enhanced/cheaper model like the DS Lite? That's what I plan on doing.

Ben_j

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
chris888222 said:
The graphics and controls are far better than the DS line.

Not... I think the 3DS is too small, my hands hurt after a few minutes of PES. I hate the triggers.
And controlling DS games on it is not always great, when you want to use the D-Pad instead of the stick

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Ben_j said:
chris888222 said:
The graphics and controls are far better than the DS line.

Not... I think the 3DS is too small, my hands hurt after a few minutes of PES. I hate the triggers.
And controlling DS games on it is not always great, when you want to use the D-Pad instead of the stick
What i mean is 3DS games VS DS game controls. The circle pad allows better movement of characters in 3DS games
tongue.gif

The 3DS's touch screen is small, 3D screen I think it's okay.

Skyrider

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I actually just bought it
tongue.gif
, the Black Color. I also tried out the demo, and I have to say.. It's very, very heavy on your eyes (The 3D).

aiRWaLKRe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Skyrider said:
I actually just bought it
tongue.gif
, the Black Color. I also tried out the demo, and I have to say.. It's very, very heavy on your eyes (The 3D).

Everyone sees the 3D different some people can't take it at all and some can take it just fine, everyone's eyes and brain are different. I have a slight astigmatism in one eye, and I can play on full 3D for hours and not have eye strain or a headache.

Okami Wolfen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyrider said:
I actually wonder since there's better hardware in it that some of the DS games would either lag still on the Nintendo 3DS.. And I'm talking about Harvest Moon series.
The 360 is loads more powerful than the original Xbox, but Halo 1 lags way more on it.

I say wait til more games come out. Especially Zelda and Star Fox.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With all the problems I've been seeing with the product's design flaws, I'm definitely waiting for a new model of it.

benno300

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
_Chaz_ said:
With all the problems I've been seeing with the product's design flaws, I'm definitely waiting for a new model of it.

WHAT???
There are no problems unless the touchscreen sides touching the above screen which can wiped off!

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Right now, most people would probably agree with it being "Okay" just because there aren't many games, and most of the features are not working yet.

But once Ocarina of Time, Starfox, Kid Icarus, and all these games coming out, then Netflix and the May update coming, it's a no brainer. It's definitely worth it.

Personally, I think it is worth it to get it now, because you're going to spend the money on it anyway, so you might as well pick one up now. If you're still a little unsure, definitely pick one up around June.

Edit:

benno300 said:
_Chaz_ said:

WHAT???
There are no problems unless the touchscreen sides touching the above screen which can wiped off!
There aren't really any unintentional flaws. Obviously the stylus is in a bad location, but it just takes some getting used to.

If you are talking about defects, they are exaggerated so bad with every new handheld. Not every console is going to be perfect, but worst case scenario, if yours is broken then you just send it back in and Nintendo will fix it.

With my 3DS, I haven't experienced any dead pixels, the Street pass bug, the prints on the top screen from the bottom screen, the black screen of death, or any of the other "Known" bugs. And I know many other people that have not seen any of these either. When one person gets something like this, the internet just blows it out of proportion and acts like everyone got it.

You have nothing to worry about.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
benno300 said:
_Chaz_ said:

WHAT???
I've heard people complain about faulty SD card slots, bad RAM, crashing firmware (which could be fixed by now, I really don't know), excessively loose hinges, dead pixels ranging from one pixel to entire horizontal lines, scratched top screens caused from screen contact, and probably some more that I'm forgetting. And these are only from the Temp.

As far as I'm concerned, Nintendo could have definitely done more extensive testing on the hardware before launch.
I hate to say it but... Nintendo, I am disappoint.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
benno300 said:
_Chaz_ said:

WHAT???

Seriously, he has got me lost, too... I have one, and so do my 2 brothers and a friend. Not a single one of us has problems and we play it all the time. And I do think you should get a 3DS. Zelda is coming out soon, and if you don't like that there is also gonna be a lot more games such as Starfox and Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D.

EDIT: I read your comment, I never heard of any of those problems except the top screen getting dirt from the bottom screen. By the way, it's dirt, not scratches for me or my friends.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
omgpwn666 said:
benno300 said:
_Chaz_ said:

WHAT???

Seriously, he has got me lost, too... I have one, and so do my 2 brothers and a friend. Not a single one of us has problems and we play it all the time. And I do think you should get a 3DS. Zelda is coming out soon, and if you don't like that there is also gonna be a lot more games such as Starfox and Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D.

EDIT: I read your comment, I never heard of any of those problems except the top screen getting dirt from the bottom screen. By the way, it's dirt, not scratches for me or my friends.

Same. I saw one person say their SD slot was messed up.

I've never heard of bad ram, or firmware crashes.

Obviously, some people had dead pixels, but I've never heard to that extreme. For the screen prints, I just tested it. I've never had it happen to me, but if you press down ridiculously hard, then it will make prints which can be wiped away.

SubliminalSegue

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I finally got around to playing one a little bit ago, and for some strange reason, I really want to get one. I dunno why. I might ultimately wait for my birthday, so that there are some better games on the market, but other than the occasional weird 3D problems (like tilting) I love the system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more