Megaheinz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, we’ve got a little problem.
I sold my new 3ds to a friend and bought myself an xl.
Now he has the problem, that his n3ds is a lot darker. We looked both in 3dsident and while mine prints brightness level of 157, his does on highest 108. He tried to fix it with lcd tweaker but it resets it after a few seconds. Somebody an idea what to do?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, we’ve got a little problem.
I sold my new 3ds to a friend and bought myself an xl.
Now he has the problem, that his n3ds is a lot darker. We looked both in 3dsident and while mine prints brightness level of 157, his does on highest 108. He tried to fix it with lcd tweaker but it resets it after a few seconds. Somebody an idea what to do?

Are you friends with @Glolord from here?

Can you guys meet up and take a side by side picture of your N3DSXL and N3DS at full max brightness setting with disabled variable brightness and no power saving in a completely dark setting (no other light sources)? Take some pictures at an angle looking from the left or right, too.

Examine your screens against those from this thread.

A possible reason why the N3DSXL could be brighter is that its an IPS versus the N3DS having an TN. Also, some early production N3DS and N3DSXL didn't come with good TN screens. Later years have better vibrant colors.

If you'd like, I can provide side-to-side pictures of my N3DSXL and N3DS for comparison.

Glolord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Full brightness dark room:
20180701_081050.jpg
20180701_081125.jpg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Full brightness dark room

@Glolord, is that pictures of your New 3DS (regular)? If I'm not mistaken, your top screen is an IPS panel since it doesn't look washed out. Take a more angled picture. Can you meet up with a 3DS buddy for some side-by-side comparison pictures? It's hard to gauge if your screen is too dark when it is by itself.

Another question, do you know that person, @Megaheinz? Is he your friend?

Or was it wrong to assume this when two German users coincidentally happen to (1) have a N3DS with dim screens -or- (2) has a friend who has a N3DS with dim screens?

Megaheinz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So. I know, he has dual tn and I have a top ips and the other one is tn. But when I had both at home, I didn’t see a difference in brightness between the both. The colours of the top displays are a bit different but not so dark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So. I know, he has dual tn and I have a top ips and the other one is tn. But when I had both at home, I didn’t see a difference in brightness between the both. The colours of the top displays are a bit different but not so dark

There's nothing wrong with your friend's New 3DS. His light brightness is naturally dimmer than a N3DSXL in general. This is made more noticeable when you guys stack the N3DS's TN to the N3DSXL's IPS .

Here are my 2017 New 3DS XL Galaxy Edition versus my niece's 2016 New 3DS Mario Black Edition. Both of these have top and bottom TN panels. Settings are Level 5 Screen Brightness, Auto-Brightness turned off, and Power-Saving Mode turned off. Nintendo basic black theme was chosen for better visually seeing the brightness level.

N3_DSXL_vs_N3_DS_1.png

N3_DSXL_vs_N3_DS_2.png

N3_DSXL_3dsident.png

N3_DS_3dsident.png

N3_DSXL_vs_N3_DS_3.png

N3_DSXL_vs_N3_DS_4.png

N3_DSXL_vs_N3_DS_5.png

Edit - Adding two more shots.

N3_DSXL_vs_N3_DS_6.png

N3_DSXL_vs_N3_DS_7.png

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: Glolord

Glolord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That leads me to another question... is there a a way to enhance the brightness further?
With a Tool a hack or by editing something? For gaming outdoor its Not bright enough for me...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Wholesome, welcome