Captain Haddock!
OP
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
So, i do own a circlepad pro for the 3ds and i do have a n3ds.
Not looking at the extra bulky thing, clipped on your 3ds, it does offer the same functionallity as the extra buttonpad on N3ds, it also has the 2 extra buttons ZL and ZR, so is it any different then using the n3ds (cpu/3d etc.... don't count.

Just looking to get a circlepad pro for my 3DS XL to play Zelda / MH4 / IronFall (eShop), but the're hard to find in Belgium :/ (I know i can play on the 3ds, but that's my gateway 3ds and i want to play my retail games on my XL AND N3DS

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
The CPP isn't region locked, so you can always purchase one online.

As for the functionality, the CPP does require a couple % of processing power from the system, and while that's likely the case for the N3DS, it may use a different core than those used by the specific games,so it won't actually affect performance. Anyone know if this is true?

Reactions: DjoeN

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I have a CPP XL. It is very comfortable, only downside is too few games support it. its 2nd slide pad is much bigger than the N3DS's c-stick, it is the same as the first slide pad so it should be much better than the c-stick. As many stores are trying to get rid of it, you can find it easily below $20 and it is worth that price for the games that support it.

Reactions: DjoeN

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
OP
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmmz, another question pops up, N3DS exclusive games, will not work on 3DS even with a CPP
Anyway it's nice to see Nintendo hasn't forgotten the bulky CPP :) (ok there are more games that support it, but not that many as i wish)
Also, anyone knows how it communicate with the 3DS? cause no settings are connection buttons have to be set/pressed

[EDIT]
Think i'll buy one online somewhere for cheap :) (Still pitty Nyko never released there CPP alternative "The Power Grip Pro" for the original 3DS)

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also, anyone knows how it communicate with the 3DS? cause no settings are connection buttons have to be set/pressed

IR apparently.
Don't forget Sm4sh can't use the CPP, not enough power. This is the only game with this problem AFAIK. MH4U still can and stuff like Xenoblade are exclusives for N3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I bet you don't pirate game either