N3DS Themes Keeps Removing Itselt When Being Turned Back On?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by SammyPoke, May 8, 2015.

1. SammyPoke
    OP

SammyPoke GBAtemp Regular

Apr 17, 2015
    Hello again, I have a strange issue with my N3DS. I've downloaded The Legend of Zelda Link Between Worlds Theme as a cia to my N3DS, and it works perfectly except whenever I shut off my 3DS and turn it back on and go back into Gateway mode the theme has been removed and I have to go back to Home Menu Design and Change the Theme back to Link Between Worlds.

Does anyone have a fix for this? I've been searching everywhere and haven't found anyone else with a similar problem?

Ok, I found the solution, does anyone know how to format to unlink SYSNAND from EMUNAND? Is there a draw back to doing this? (sorry I just found the solution not that long ago)

EDIT-I might just find the solution to this problem in the next 15 minutes I'll let you know. . .

2. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    To unlink the NAND's just format one or the other in System Settings. It's common practice and should be done ASAP after you set up your emuNAND to avoid SD data issues like this one. There are no drawbacks except for the obvious data loss.

3. SammyPoke
    OP

Apr 17, 2015

Noob question but: How do I format EMUNAND?
    Is formatting EMUNAND fine over SYSNAND to unlink? I have a copy of both, but I know EMUNAND is easier to undo.

4. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    Formatting emuNAND is the exact same process as formatting the sysNAND. Just go to System Settings, then Other Settings, then scroll over to Format System Memory.

5. SammyPoke
    OP

Apr 17, 2015

I fixed it thank you for everything! I read in other places how to do everything as well.

6. Dulink

Dulink Member

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2006
    Brazil
    I've already unlinked my Sysnad and Emunand, but when i download an update from a game, my themes and DLCs are all uninstalled =(. Anyone knows how stop this?

7. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    This is why I have my NAND's linked its also convenient to have access to linked saves