N3DS serial number query

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by riggs, Jul 6, 2015.

1. riggs
    OP

riggs GBAtemp Regular

May 19, 2006
    Lincs
    Hey all! After being away from the handheld modding scene for some time (DS lite was my last foray into all things hacking/modding) I've decided to try and get my hands on a N3DS system with the intention of installing CFW etc. I've been messaging a lot of folks on eBay but have so far found that people tend to frequently update their software :-(

Anyhoo, I've found a seller/shop with a brand new N3DS system and they've sent me the first few digits of the serial number. Looking at this link (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rYsMcMy2uvya3EdmqetsDp7mA18dZGwfJdoPgFGhRao/pubhtml) I've noticed that the serial number I've been sent falls between a couple already listed on the spreadsheet as coming with 9.0. Is it safe to assume that the one I've found will also be on 9.0? I.e., YEM1007XXXX and YEM10131XXX are listed on there as 9.0 systems, the one I'm looking at is YEM10106XXX. I know it probably isn't 100% fool-proof, but I'm assuming the number represents a date or batch, so it'll be ok right?

Any help or advice from other <9.2 N3DS owners greatly appreciated :yaynds:

Last edited by riggs, Jul 6, 2015
    WhoAmI? likes this.
  2. riggs
    OP

riggs GBAtemp Regular

May 19, 2006
    Lincs
    Well, I found another list online stating that YEM1010 machines are confirmed to be 9.0, so I took the plunge and ordered one. Once it arrives I'll let you guys know which FW it's running and also post the sellers details. They were very helpful with sending me serial numbers and also have a few other variants available (colours, XL model etc), so UK buyers may want to check them out.

mech and usernametaken like this.
  3. riggs
    OP

riggs GBAtemp Regular

May 19, 2006
    Lincs
    Dartz150, WhoAmI? and zoogie like this.
  4. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    I'm having a hard time getting people to open the box and actually check the serial number.

5. riggs
    OP

riggs GBAtemp Regular

May 19, 2006
    Lincs
    Must be a USA thing...EUR systems have the serial number on the box too.

6. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Oh I was referring to JAP systems that don't have the sn showing, I always forget the EUR also has a non XL model as well

7. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    Maybe you should read....

8. WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? PASTA's dirty animal

Mar 15, 2015
    Poké Ball
    @riggs Aren't you lucky! #Jelly

riggs likes this.
  9. cheesylard

cheesylard Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2015
    United States
    Being nitpicky here, but you should be saying JPN. What you're saying is a racial slur.

10. riggs
    OP

riggs GBAtemp Regular

May 19, 2006
    Lincs
    Why yes, yes I am!

I'm sure he didn't mean it in that way, unless he is actually a WWII veteran with a dislike of the Japanese.
    :P

WhoAmI? likes this.
  11. Dartz150

Dartz150 GBATemp Official Lolicon Onii-chan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    On a Strange Journey
    Here on my country is a very easy task to find exploitable 3DS's, because resellers doesn't care to update or even configure Wi-Fi settings. AND 3DS XL units are even on their first stage stock, so these come with 6.0 if I remember well.

12. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Hahahahahaha

Just picked up another JPN non xl for $175 :yaysp:

13. hunter010709

hunter010709 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2015
    Does anyone know what firmware a red, mm, n3ds xl with code red-s-dbaa above the bar code is?

It is an Australian model.

The seller claims no other numbers, brand new for $250.

Happy to pay that if exploitable....

14. hashcheck1

hashcheck1 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 5, 2013
    you cant tell on Aus models without opening the box. i asked my local eb games to open and look at code on bottom of 3ds. luckily there is no security tape on boxes anymore