Hacking N3DS serial number query

riggs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all! After being away from the handheld modding scene for some time (DS lite was my last foray into all things hacking/modding) I've decided to try and get my hands on a N3DS system with the intention of installing CFW etc. I've been messaging a lot of folks on eBay but have so far found that people tend to frequently update their software :-(

Anyhoo, I've found a seller/shop with a brand new N3DS system and they've sent me the first few digits of the serial number. Looking at this link (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rYsMcMy2uvya3EdmqetsDp7mA18dZGwfJdoPgFGhRao/pubhtml) I've noticed that the serial number I've been sent falls between a couple already listed on the spreadsheet as coming with 9.0. Is it safe to assume that the one I've found will also be on 9.0? I.e., YEM1007XXXX and YEM10131XXX are listed on there as 9.0 systems, the one I'm looking at is YEM10106XXX. I know it probably isn't 100% fool-proof, but I'm assuming the number represents a date or batch, so it'll be ok right?

Any help or advice from other <9.2 N3DS owners greatly appreciated :yaynds:

Last edited by riggs,
Reactions: WhoAmI?

riggs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I found another list online stating that YEM1010 machines are confirmed to be 9.0, so I took the plunge and ordered one. Once it arrives I'll let you guys know which FW it's running and also post the sellers details. They were very helpful with sending me serial numbers and also have a few other variants available (colours, XL model etc), so UK buyers may want to check them out.

riggs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Woop!

Qs4XxRF.jpg

For any other UK buyers interested, their eBay ID is playergamesltd (http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/playergamesltd?_trksid=p2047675.l2559). Like I said, they were very helpful in supplying the serial number and they still appear to have some N3DS' in stock.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Here on my country is a very easy task to find exploitable 3DS's, because resellers doesn't care to update or even configure Wi-Fi settings. AND 3DS XL units are even on their first stage stock, so these come with 6.0 if I remember well.

hunter010709

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know what firmware a red, mm, n3ds xl with code red-s-dbaa above the bar code is?

It is an Australian model.

The seller claims no other numbers, brand new for $250.

Happy to pay that if exploitable....

hashcheck1

Trophies
XP
Country
you cant tell on Aus models without opening the box. i asked my local eb games to open and look at code on bottom of 3ds. luckily there is no security tape on boxes anymore

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(