N3DS (Regular) USB MOD

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by filfat, May 26, 2015.

1. filfat
    OP

filfat Musician, Developer & Entrepreneur

Nov 24, 2012
    Hi, I'm looking for a trusted person in europe who are able to do a nand mod for my N3DS (Preferably with a hidden micro USB under the back plate). :)

EDIT: I'm looking for this to be able to mess a bit with i2c and encryption without being too worried.

Margen67 likes this.
  2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-emmc-modding-service.386506/
    Not europe, but it's the only one I know of that does the regular n3DS.
    I do not think a hidden micro USB under the back plate would be possible, simply because the plug is rather big and there's not much space. Avalynn is good at cutting holes without making it look ugly though :)

Edit: Funny that the person doing regular n3DS NAND mods is in the only region where the n3DS wasn't released... haha. Maybe there is someone else doing them in EU but the search function wasn't very useful in this case.

Edit2: gamesquest1 seems to do NAND mods in UK. Maybe he can do the n3DS too.

WhoAmI? and filfat like this.
  3. hundshamer

hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Blacklisted Trader
    May 22, 2009
    United States
    filfat likes this.
  4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I saw that, but there was no mention of n3DS (non XL) in your post. That's why I didn't mention it.
    Thanks for clarifying. :)

5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    yeah i do the n3ds (non XL) but like hundshammer, i stopped using the microUSB ports to eliminate the risk of user error.....thankfully nobody i have did the mod for using the usb ports have tried plugging it into a normal usb cable, but seen a few people now fry their nand by doing so, so that at least confirms my decision to stop using them was the correct choice :P

WhoAmI? and filfat like this.