OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi every one!
I have a big issue.

I just bought a new 3ds and succesfully downgraded it to 9.2.

However I am now stuck.
I can't figure out how to install a cfw, it is driving me crazy. Every time I try to launch EmuNAN9Tool it just loop back to HBL. (the same thing apply to mini pasta and cake)

I tried 4 different guides and I'm clueless how to fix this... If anyone can help me I'll be glad!

Last edited by JiCe75,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi every one!
I have a big issue.

However I am now stuck.
I can't figure out how to install a cfw, it is driving me crazy. Every time I try to launch EmuNAN9Tool it just loop back to HBL. (the same thing apply to mini pasta and cake)

I tried 4 different guides and I'm clueless how to fix this... If anyone can help me I'll be glad!

You could use the gateway launcher to create an emunand if you don't have one already. Get the latest gateway files and put launcher.dat on the root of your sd card and Gateway.3dsx in the 3ds folder. Backup your sd card. Boot into the homebrew launcher and select the gateway.3dsx file. Create an emunand by scrolling to the right to find the format emunand option. When is done turn off your 3ds and copy the backup back onto your sd card. You might find it easier to finish setting up CFW now since nearly all require an emunand to work. Sorry i don't know anything about emunand9 to know why it was causing you that issue.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi every one!
I have a big issue.

However I am now stuck.

Things like that are known to happen with older versions. Are you sure you have the latest boot.3dsx from smeas site, as well as the very latest EmuNAND9

As for the CFW, are you using Menuhax? If so, and you have linked NANDs, it's likely that you're getting menuhaxd back to the HBL. Hold your bypass button after choosing pasta / cakes.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Things like that are known to happen with older versions. Are you sure you have the latest boot.3dsx from smeas site, as well as the very latest EmuNAND9

As for the CFW, are you using Menuhax? If so, and you have linked NANDs, it's likely that you're getting menuhaxd back to the HBL. Hold your bypass button after choosing pasta / cakes.
Menuhax has nothing to do with him not being able to start apps from HBL.
It would be, if it'd loop when starting CFW.

Normally not being able to start any homebrew is related to a incomplete or faulty downgrade.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi every one!
I have a big issue.

However I am now stuck.

I think you didn't successfully downgrade properly, and you're suffering from frankenfirmware.

Like it's only showing you're at the correct firmware, but pasta or other loaders don't load.

You should attempt to downgrade again using the same method, as though you're above 9.2,
And make sure to use safesysupdater to check if the files are correct,
Then use the latest sysupdater to downgrade again.

JiCe75

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you every one for the answer, I was able to fix it by re downgrading with safesysupdater.
It was not working with normal sysupdater (any versions I tried failled)

Reactions: Shadowfied

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.