N3DS Downgrade Failure?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by RazorDin, Mar 12, 2016.

1. RazorDin
    OP

RazorDin Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    I attempted to downgrade a N3DS from 10.3 to 9.2 using safesysupdater, but half way through I got the dreaded An Error Has Occurred Nintendo message.

I have tried

entering setting...fails
    using sysupdater to upgrade to 10.3...fails(main.cpp:154: Result: 0xD900182F)
    using Julian's Sysupdater to upgrade to 10.3...fails(freezes at #7 every time)
    formatted my microSD card multiple times with multiple programs...fails

So, if anyone has any suggestions I'd be open to them, but I am assuming the only way out for me at this point is doing a system update and pray I can downgrade. From what I understand a new downgrade has been released, however I haven't looked into it at all yet

I tried using chaos site to get the update packages, but where they store their downloads is down. So, I got them from a specific 3ds iso website if it makes any difference since the MD5 was legit

Last edited by RazorDin, Mar 12, 2016

2. Townsperson

Townsperson GBAtemp Fan

Dec 7, 2015
    United States
    You should just keep trying to downgrade to 9.2. You don't need to upgrade back to 10.3...

So, re-run SysUpdater as you would if you were still on 10.3, and choose to downgrade. If you can get it to run (Takes many tries), it'll install the any titles that didn't downgrade the first time.

Last edited by Townsperson, Mar 12, 2016
    RazorDin likes this.
  3. RazorDin
    OP

RazorDin Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    I will keep giving it a shot, however I had to use the OoT hack set to 9.2. So my 3DS thinks its on 9.2 already, will this effect anything?

4. Townsperson

Townsperson GBAtemp Fan

Dec 7, 2015
    United States
    It shouldn't.

RazorDin likes this.
  5. Awesomeslayerg

Awesomeslayerg GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2011
    United States
    Are you trying the latest like the 10.6 version of sysupdater because that wont work.

RazorDin likes this.
  6. RazorDin
    OP

RazorDin Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    I'm current using Sysupdater 4.2

7. Awesomeslayerg

Jan 21, 2011
    United States
    RazorDin likes this.
  8. RazorDin
    OP

RazorDin Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    either site that has the downgrade package available have different confirmed MD5 both files have the matching MD5 from their respective site, however maybe my issue stemmed from using the wrong one?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yes the one for 9.2 to 10.3

9. Awesomeslayerg

Jan 21, 2011
    United States
    Oh okay,ive heard that formatting the system should fix it on the N3DS and try using sysupdater again

RazorDin likes this.
  10. RazorDin
    OP

RazorDin Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    I read about that too, but call me daft, I have no idea what that means. Is it referring to the system format in the settings menu, because if that's the case then I can't do it because I have no access to it

11. Townsperson

Townsperson GBAtemp Fan

Dec 7, 2015
    United States
    Just try downgrading again. It should be able to downgrade the titles it missed originally (As well as NATIVE_FIRM).

RazorDin likes this.
  12. Awesomeslayerg

Jan 21, 2011
    United States
    Wait your still on 10.3 and no settings menu?? One last thing you could try is getting into recovery mode and download the 10.6 update and try downgrading it. As of now looks like youre on frakenfirmware.

RazorDin likes this.
  13. Townsperson

Townsperson GBAtemp Fan

Dec 7, 2015
    United States
    No. There is no point in upgrading if SysUpdater still runs ("Failed to get CIA information" doesn't count. That always happens with memchunkhax2). Please don't do this unless nothing else works.

RazorDin likes this.
  14. Gcentrex

Gcentrex GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Since your already using the 9.2 payload that means FIRM is 9.2

Try to load decrypt9
    If it works dump health and safety app, then inject sysupdater

Had to do that to fix my Pokemon N3DS firm was 9.2 but settings menu would not open

After that then use mini pasta and run sysupdater and run the downgrade again, should complete fully then

Last edited by Gcentrex, Mar 12, 2016
    RazorDin likes this.
  15. RazorDin
    OP

RazorDin Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Problem for me in that area is SafeSysUpdater now only gives me the red dots in the lower left hand corner, SysUpdater gives me the main.cpp:148 "Failed to get CIA file info!" error message and Julian's consistently freezes at #7. I have tried the troubleshooting with these. I had safesys check all the CIAs and they are all good, according to it, I have formatted the SD card I have tried safesys about 50 times now with a constant red dot issue. for SysUpdater I formatted the SD card and checked all the CIAs and checked the version I'm on and tried that one a lot. For Julian's I have tried, but no matter how many times it gets stuck at #7

Is the system stable enough to have it injected like that? Like using RXTools or Decrypt9

16. Townsperson

Townsperson GBAtemp Fan

Dec 7, 2015
    United States
    The "failed to get CIA information" message happens. A lot. Just keep trying.

You're not the first person to have a downgrade fail (I've had the same thing happen). Just keep trying until SysUpdater runs, and finish the downgrade.

You're far better off trying this route than messing around in your current firmware. Don't risk breaking things for no reason.

RazorDin likes this.
  17. Gcentrex

Gcentrex GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2015
    United States
    New York
    It was when it happened to me, samething

I had to use 9.2 payloads but almost everything failed to run, except game cards would work not even browser hax worked

So I ran D9 injected sysupdater and run via mini pasta and it completed

That way it does not need an exploit to run, it already has full system access

RazorDin likes this.
  18. hobbledehoy899

hobbledehoy899 Conniption Master

Nov 13, 2015
    United States
    Kernel Version: Linux 4.13.2-1-zen
    mmm whatcha smea

RazorDin likes this.
  19. RazorDin
    OP

RazorDin Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    I'll give this a shot and report back

If the sysupdater does end up working which MD5 should I trust?

e5f40c3b155cfd12ef38be35d2e81d2e or E6339468A1E82B1D50E9222F017C0477

20. cooroxd

cooroxd Dirty Pirate

Banned
    Aug 30, 2014
    Canada
    B.C.
    If you are still having trouble downgrading, try changing sd cards to a smaller one like 2 or 4gbs and try again

RazorDin likes this.