Hacking N3DS CPU Overclock option in Luma3DS

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cuz it's seems like Luma turning it off, because sumo use l2+clock for default, like the guy said above/
no, I mean officially clock + l2 without luma force enable.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Cuz it's seems like Luma turning it off, because sumo use l2+clock for default, like the guy said above/
gamefreak suck at optimizing the game.:ph34r: they even strip 3d from battle to avoid "disaster"

btw, luma newer version already fixed the issue with officially performance boost game

Last edited by Sonansune,

Beeppeed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
no, I mean officially clock + l2 without luma force enable.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

gamefreak suck at optimizing the game.:ph34r: they even strip 3d from battle to avoid "disaster"

btw, luma newer version already fixed the issue with officially performance boost game
Yeah i know, im using 6.6 version.
Just hacked my concole few weeks ago.
im sorry for stupid questions, but wanna to conclude. If i wanna to play like Nintendo meant to play it, i turn if off, am i right? On new 3ds.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i know, im using 6.6 version.
Just hacked my concole few weeks ago.
im sorry for stupid questions, but wanna to conclude. If i wanna to play like Nintendo meant to play it, i turn if off, am i right? On new 3ds.
Yes, turn everythign off on Luma, except boot to sysnand, hold R to boot etc etc, and Display version string on settings.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are some games breaking still an issue these days with Clock + L2?

I've only tested some games that are supposedly problematic games but it's seems like those games do not have problems anymore...

Reactions: 404kinnie

Dinis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Anyone knows how to overclock the N3ds even more?
I get areas with frame drops in minecraft even with overclock on

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anyone knows how to overclock the N3ds even more?
I get areas with frame drops in minecraft even with overclock on
Please put questions like this into the 3DS NOOB PARADISE next time instead of bumping an old topic.

To answer your question: I don't know of a way to really overclock the New 3DS series. The option in Luma3DS allows applying the full clock rate (804MHz) instead of only 268MHz on older games that weren't designed to make use of the additional power. From the perspective of older games this can be called overclocking, but the CPU runs exactly as designed, not higher.

Minecraft is one of the few titles being exclusive to the new series so the game will already make full use of the better processor (and RAM). From what I've read the New 2|3DS is underpowered for handling Minecraft.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things