Hardware N3DS C stick sensitivity

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I notice I have to press/pull harder on the c stick down direction than for the others directions to make the in game action work (mh4u camera moving in this case), which is a bit frustrating.

On the stick calibrate option (which I think is just to get the center position and nothing else) I also notice it when pressing down, it's not a big difference but enough to be quite noticeable in game after the thumb gets a bit sweaty and slippery... pressing to the right also feels somewhat harder.

Dunno if it's just from the c stick location, but has anyone noticed something like this on yours?

Reactions: Omegadash

Omegadash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I notice I have to press/pull harder on the c stick down direction than for the others directions to make the in game action work (mh4u camera moving in this case), which is a bit frustrating.

On the stick calibrate option (which I think is just to get the center position and nothing else) I also notice it when pressing down, it's not a big difference but enough to be quite noticeable in game after the thumb gets a bit sweaty and slippery... pressing to the right also feels somewhat harder.

Dunno if it's just from the c stick location, but has anyone noticed something like this on yours?
I'm experiencing the exact same issue. Hopefully someone comes up with a solution

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
yeah dun really have to press it when starting up a game (tho it helps), i can lightly touch or slide finger on top of the c stick and it does work when my thumb isn't slippery, but after some intense gaming it starts to feel like this wasn't Nintendo's best choice for the c stick because it becomes slippery and then yes, have to press, or "hook" the opposite side and pull/push to make it work properly, particularly pull or press for the down direction.

But since it looks like I'm not the only one experiencing this I guess it either depends on the way a person uses it or it's maybe a somewhat common "characteristic"... i'd like to try some other n3ds to compare but nobody I know has one :/

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mine works fine, rumour is sweat messes is up, if this is the case then what a desgin oversight lol. My cstick doesn't. Need much if any foce to move in all directions, if yours has problems I would look into a replacement and if you are using flash carts don't send your 3ds for repairs as they will update it, if you are legit gaming then this doesn't matter. If you are using gateway or something like it, I would advise returning it ASAP and get a replacement with firmware 9.2 or lower which will be harder the longer you wait. Again if your legit and no flash cart there is no rush lol.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
yeah, I get what ur saying, I mostly wanted to see if I was alone with this small problem and vent a little bit of frustration.
Main issue really is sweat indeed, next will wipe it down at intervals while gaming, should be enough hopefully.

Still have 5 days to exchange it tho, I might go to the shop to see if by some luck they have another mh4u le n3ds, if not I'll just live with it.

DarkWrath669

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Upon research, there is no mechanical fault here...

We have slippery thumbs.

Your thump slips over the c stick instead of pressing it properly when going down or right because it's harder to hook your skin on the edge.

If you put a bit of cloth on your thumb, it works flawlessly.

Could have been prevented with better design.
Laptop pointers of the same design have grooves over the rubber, or are even like sand paper to give a good grip with your finger tip.

Maybe there will be an accessory to correct this.

Or just sew a little cloth condom for your thumb!
"The New 3DS thumbdom"

Just a shame this was an oversight.
Maybe Japanese people have dryer skin than us?

Amadren

Pasta Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Mine works fine too. Except after long gaming sesion in MH4U, I have difficulties for pushing it to the right. But I think it's more because of sweating ^^'

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
lol yeah, need to see c stick grip anti-lubricant condoms for extra maneuverability!

Anyway, sweat aside, testing on mh4u's c stick calibration, mine does indeed need a bit extra force pointing down and right than left and up, which is annoying... oh well, tomorrow gonna see if the shop has any other n3ds available for replacement.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM