N3DS Black screens randomly?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by jackb994, Sep 2, 2016.

1. jackb994
    OP

jackb994 Self-Proclaimed Gamer

Oct 29, 2015
    Hi, I have a N3DS EUR 11.0 A9lh Luma3DS.

Basically randomly and not so frequently (happened about 3 times since February) black screens. This happens completely randomly (I was playing a game one time and the other times I was using a9lh payloads). I first noticed this issue after installing a9lh. I know the screen isn't damaged as I could get into luma3ds payloads and configuration. I think I also was running a self compiled version of a9lh (I think). I've now upgraded to the one in the guide. Original backups restored once getting into decrypt9 keeps the black screen, so I don't think it's a NAND issue? By the way it hasn't happened since I updated but I did update about a week ago and like I said above it doesn't happen frequently. Any help would be appreciated.

(Btw wasn't sure what forum to post in, so I went with homebrew :/)

2. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA

Probably arm9 related, earlier builds were buggy.

3. jackb994
    OP

jackb994 Self-Proclaimed Gamer

Oct 29, 2015
    The first one happened on the original source, but the latest one about a week and a half ago happened on the latest Aurora Wright arm9loaderhax commit?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice