N+ killed my Cyclo :S

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by DriftRS, Aug 28, 2008.

Aug 28, 2008

N+ killed my Cyclo :S by DriftRS at 4:11 AM (2,497 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. DriftRS
    OP

Newcomer DriftRS Advanced Member

Just thought I'd warn you guys, and see if anyone else has had the same issue. My Cyclo has been working perfectly for ages, this is the first problem I've ever had with it. While playing N+, and moving to another screen, the screen remains black while music continues to play (basically it crashes). After reseting my DS due to this for the second time, the system no longer detects the Cyclo, just says no cart is in the system.

I did trim my rom, if that might have anything to do with it, has anyone else experienced anything like this? Crashes or dead carts?

2. link459

Member link459 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Try pushing the cart all the way down and holding it there until it boots? Sometimes the pins just act stupid, so try that.

3. matrix121391

Member matrix121391 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm playing it on my CycloDS but it seems to be working fine. What level or screen were you transferring from/to?

4. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    "perfectly for ages" ?

Does this mean you have the version 1 CycloDS? If so, then it's a problem with the cart, not the game.

5. Swip

Member Swip GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    lnik459 is right, Its probably just a problem with the contacts. Also try blowing into the slot 1 hole.

6. DriftRS
    OP

I don't think it's version 1, I got it just before the black ones started releasing I think, so it is a few versions behind, so it's about time I upgraded it anyway. Still, yeah thought I'd mention this and see what other people are experiencing.

7. DriftRS
    OP

um after alot of blowing and such as recomended here, it's back up and working :?

Thats wierd that it happened just after a crash though... it must be related in some way?

8. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    You do have the earliest version since you mentioned there being no black ones when you got yours.

Many people have had this problem, it's because the contacts are not connecting properly. To fix it, tape a piece of paper to the front side of the CycloDS so it pushes the contacts to connect properly.

9. Batman55

Member Batman55 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    A ninja killed your DS!

10. Shakraka

Member Shakraka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    But N+ didn't shoot the deputy. Ha, I couldn't help myself. Anyways, maybe it's just a problem on your MicroSD; you should try reformatting. Oh, and why would you trim N+? It's not like it ain't small enough as it is.

11. Pizzaroo

Member Pizzaroo douchebag

United States
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Working fine on my Cyclo.

12. DriftRS
    OP

Cause I wanted to see if I could turn the 8mb down to like 3mb or something [​IMG] woulda been smallest DS game eva! sadly it doesn even go down by a mb

13. matrix121391

Member matrix121391 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I trimmed mine too, just so I can squeeze whatever free space I have out there to fit other stuff.

14. xeggyx

Newcomer xeggyx Member

United States
    I don't seem have that problem here.

Trimmed N+ rom + CycloDS = works perfectly for me.

15. Batman55

Member Batman55 GBAtemp Fan

Canada

16. timehawk

Newcomer timehawk Member

United States
    Actually I think when the black ones came out it was already v3. So he might have a v2.
    I know my v1 broke down and I got a v2 and that was before anyone had heard of the black cyclo. (Well people had made comments, but it was not announced for production)