Hacking n-card=good gift?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ncard has a great skinning communnity, but the skin sites are mostly in japanese. Ncard is a lot easier to skin too. No screwing with what color FF0011 translates to. The ncard allows you to say how much of each color you want. (1-32) Ie 31 red 1 green 1 blue produces red text. Its easier to find the good skins when their are fewer(NCard) that it is to wade through childish crap(R4) to find a suitable skin.

What is so hard about using hex codes for colors? Most people who don't want to experiment with getting colors right will use a tool to select a color and get the values that way which would work for skinning either.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I've never used hexadecimal codes to create R4 skins. Even so--as cracker says they're quite easy, just memorize RED RED GREEN GREEN BLUE BLUE, and that a, b, c, d, e, and f are the numbers after 9.

(If you knew anything about hex codes you'd know that FF0011 is basically red.)

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just say that a few days ago. I was going to order it to test it, but wanted to wait.

And that is NOT the new writer. It is different, but the new one was much different. It looked like an SD card reader that connected to the computer via a cable. It never appeared though.

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to everyone who replied. I've already ordered the n-card.

BTW The slot-2 that comes w/ the n-card is just for programming, right? Because it only fits in the slot-2 of a DS lite, and my friend has a phat.

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
You have made the right decision. The amount of people vouching for the R4 in this topic is just mockable haha, I bet every single one of them only has a R4.

@PharaohsVizier, you make the R4 sound even worse
biggrin.gif

"sure there may be a few slow downs here and there, but R4 has a greater skinning community, a cheat system, better download play support, blah blah blah"

Who cares about skinning but doesn't care about the slowdown in games on the other hand?
biggrin.gif

I got both the Ncard and R4, along with an EZ-Flash IV and it's safe to say that Ncard is obviously the best since it actually doesn't have any slowdown at all. I don't know about you guys, but I can't stand the SLIGHTEST slowdown and at times, it's pretty easy to notice too.

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW The slot-2 that comes w/ the n-card is just for programming, right? Because it only fits in the slot-2 of a DS lite, and my friend has a phat.

You use that to hook up your NDS to the computer to transfer games to the N-Card.

I was hoping for that N-Card reader to come out or be more popular. The write speed is pretty slow and also drains the battery of your DS.
Guess what, the reader/writer is out. I've ordered an F-Card including the new adapter just a few days ago.

That is something different and I would be interested in someone's opinion on it (someone that owns it that is).

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Denied. The writer is for writing roms to the card. You should have asked for a Phat writer when ordering. You could try to contact them now.

You have made the right decision. The amount of people vouching for the R4 in this topic is just mockable haha, I bet every single one of them only has a R4.

@PharaohsVizier, you make the R4 sound even worse
biggrin.gif

"sure there may be a few slow downs here and there, but R4 has a greater skinning community, a cheat system, better download play support, blah blah blah"

Who cares about skinning but doesn't care about the slowdown in games on the other hand?
biggrin.gif

I got both the Ncard and R4, along with an EZ-Flash IV and it's safe to say that Ncard is obviously the best since it actually doesn't have any slowdown at all. I don't know about you guys, but I can't stand the SLIGHTEST slowdown and at times, it's pretty easy to notice too.

LOL! Accident.

Anyways, what I was trying to say is that the R4 slows down with certain MicroSD cards, as long as you get the right ones, you would be fine. NCard's slow writing speed is the most annoying thing in the world, other than that I agree that it is a pretty good cart.

What do you mean "right SD card"? I had a Kingston Japanses CO1G card and I had slow downs! The only card faster is the CO2G!

Not that I want to continue this argument. I just want to inform people.

Edit: Posts edited together, duplicate deleted. Don't double post.
lecture.gif
- Ace

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

Denied. The writer is for writing roms to the card. You should have asked for a Phat writer when ordering. You could try to contact them now.
I ordered an n-card from dealextreme twice and I have gotten a DS phat slot2 cartridge so I think you're fine. However, it would be wise to ask because you might be unlucky.

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a link to purchase it?

EDIT: I see from another thread you bought the F-Card. That is a different reader than previously shown as is already stated in this thread. Well at least you're not draining your NDS battery.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping for that N-Card reader to come out or be more popular. The write speed is pretty slow and also drains the battery of your DS.

The usb reader/writer is out, I have got one and found it's as slow as the linker, the bottleneck is the Nand memory used in the N-card I guess.

I wonder if that truly is the case. The AceKard RPG probably uses a similar NAND chip which is 'budget priced' so I would expect the same from the N-Card. Anyone know what chip the N-Card has? The AKRPG uses the Hynix HY27UH088G2M and it transfers files quickly just like a flash drive would.

wiithepeople

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I ordered an n-card from dealextreme twice and I have gotten a DS phat slot2 cartridge so I think you're fine. However, it would be wise to ask because you might be unlucky.
Thanks for the help
smile.gif

My friend's got really slow downloads, so he'd probably be asking to come to my house to get games anyways. He gets really caught up in those adventure or rpg games, so he won't complain about not being able to have a certain game as long as I get him zelda:Ph and some others like that.

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping for that N-Card reader to come out or be more popular.  The write speed is pretty slow and also drains the battery of your DS.

The usb reader/writer is out, I have got one and found it's as slow as the linker, the bottleneck is the Nand memory used in the N-card I guess.

I wonder if that truly is the case. The AceKard RPG probably uses a similar NAND chip which is 'budget priced' so I would expect the same from the N-Card. Anyone know what chip the N-Card has? The AKRPG uses the Hynix HY27UH088G2M and it transfers files quickly just like a flash drive would.

My UFPEX has an ACTEL chip. It still is as slow as others.

wiithepeople

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: just got that damn tiny paper thing that says "sorry we missed you and are too dumb to drop it off" from USPS
rolleyes.gif

But anyways I'm going to pick it up 2morrow in the morning
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: where are my cute girls