Android My Xperia Play is problematic.

Ziggy Zigzagoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I decided to get the latest update (the one that appeared on April, I believe) through the PC Companion, which worked, but then I could not root.
Then I followed the instructions here: http://androidforums.com/play-all-things-root/532500-solved-cant-root-r800at.html, though I skipped Step 5 (the re-upgrade step).
Now I can root again, but the Home Button does not work. How can I recover its functionality?

If anyone needs more details about my phone, please ask.

Tekken179

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello I'm currently running a personally modded version of 2.3.4 And i have plenty of experience with android technology first off.

How long have you had the phone?
What version is it? r800i r800a r800x etc. If unsure tell me your carrier.

What i can gather is that your on stock 2.3.4 of some variant yourself (down to your carrier which specific Sony ericsson version it is i will also need that)

but to me it sounds to me like when you flashed over the new update you didn't wipe your phones system etc. which is conflicting with your latest update.

Reactions: 1 person

Ziggy Zigzagoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello I'm currently running a personally modded version of 2.3.4 And i have plenty of experience with android technology first off.

What i can gather is that your on stock 2.3.4 of some variant yourself (down to your carrier which specific Sony ericsson version it is i will also need that)

but to me it sounds to me like when you flashed over the new update you didn't wipe your phones system etc. which is conflicting with your latest update.
I am so sorry for undermining your experience, but I already spent an entire day attempting to fix my phone.

After learning quite a bit on phone-hacking, I ended up with a functional custom-mod of r800i (originally r800at), albeit with the bootlocker still locked. ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1631144 )
Now everything is fixed.

However, maybe you would help me with another issue: I can not seem to be able to install a new keyboard. I mean, I did install SlideIT demo, but the "default" keyboard is the one that comes up. Please help.

Tekken179

Trophies
XP
Country

I am so sorry for undermining your experience, but I already spent an entire day attempting to fix my phone.

After learning quite a bit on phone-hacking, I ended up with a functional custom-mod of r800i (originally r800at), albeit with the bootlocker still locked. ( http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1631144 )
Now everything is fixed.

However, maybe you would help me with another issue: I can not seem to be able to install a new keyboard. I mean, I did install SlideIT demo, but the "default" keyboard is the one that comes up. Please help.

ahh gin 2 ICS i'm a regular on XDA also :) tempted to turn over to MIUI though it's just to sexy haha :)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Did you go into settings and enable the new keyboard and set it as the default keyboard? Or do you mean that SlideIT doesn't show up in settings? I think it should be Settings->Language & Keyboard, then should be obvious from there hopefully.

Ziggy Zigzagoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you go into settings and enable the new keyboard and set it as the default keyboard? Or do you mean that SlideIT doesn't show up in settings? I think it should be Settings->Language & Keyboard, then should be obvious from there hopefully.
I did the 1st option. Even with SlideIT being the default, the stock keyboard popped up.

ahh gin 2 ICS i'm a regular on XDA also :) tempted to turn over to MIUI though it's just to sexy haha :)
I am not really a regular, but I am getting there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, AncientBoi be like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxLoR6H7GxQ