My Wii IOSes are a mess!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Slavv, Sep 20, 2011.

Sep 20, 2011

My Wii IOSes are a mess! by Slavv at 2:03 PM (533 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Slavv
    OP

Newcomer Slavv Newbie

Canada
    I was wondering if anyone can help me fix my wii. I'm running system firmware 3.2u, and I hacked it with the twilight hack a few years ago. It was properly running a USB loader, and everything was fine. The only problem was that I could not open the WiiShop Channel (it kept resetting), and when I was prompted to update the HBC, the wiimote lost connection with the system at the warning screen. (press 1 screen)

I decided to install a newer USB loader (gx), and it ran fine too. Then, I accidentally ran Gator Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma, and I'm not sure what else I did, but since then, it has had major problems. It no longer ran the USB loaders. I tried patching a few of the IOSs based on suggestions online, but none helped. Whats worse, I don't even remember which ones because I was up until 3AM desperately trying to fix it for my girlfriend.

Now here are a few of the problems:
    -I got the USB loaders to work better, but they don't recognize my external hard disk format anymore (even though they did prior)
    -I installed DOP Mii, but it looses connection with my Wiimote right away. When I use my gamecube controller, it gives me "Exception 'DSI" and a code dump

All I want is the USB loader.

Is there anyway to start from scratch with the IOS patching? Is there just one or more IOS that are messing me up? Is there any diagnostic software I can run to help find the source of the problem? Is there a forum anyone can refer me to for these problems?

Your help would be MUCH MUCH appreciated!

2. PsyBlade

Member PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Germany
    xflaks modmii

3. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    Yeah just use modmii to make your wii fine and working [​IMG]
    Please don't even think about it to use other guides, just look at the stickys for modmii.

4. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    That forum would be here. That diagnostic software is called syscheck (google it). If you could run it and post the resulting textfile here, it'll outline how things look.

...and as previous posters have said: modmii is the best way to fix things. It'll at least be able to download everything you may need. [​IMG]

(Note: if you're using an USB loader, you won't need any custom patched IOS'es. Just the cIOS'es will do fine).

5. Slavv
    OP

Newcomer Slavv Newbie

Canada
    FIXED!!!! Thank you!!