My Wii doesn't like SD Media Launcher.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by marzsyndrome, Aug 29, 2013.

1. marzsyndrome
    OP

marzsyndrome Member

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2006
    I know it's been ages since I last posted in this forum - before the makeover I believe - but having not found a straight answer or guide on Google or YouTube I felt the need to ask for help on this.

I've had an SD Media Launcher disc and card since the days of the Gamecube and figured I'd try running it on my red 4.3e Wii. It appears to read and boot okay at first but then I get that "An Error Has Occurred, press the Eject button etc" screen a second later. There's certainly nothing wrong with the disc as it still boots okay on my Gamecube.

What bothers me though? I came to an assumption that I needed a newer disc from Datel and so ordered and received a new SD Media Launcher package. The kicker? It exhibits the same problem as well!

I haven't really touched my Wii in quite a long while so not much has gone into heavily softmodding it to date. I supposed I'll need to install some kind of hack if Nintendo really have blocked the program from running by conventional means?

Thanks.

2. Maxternal

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Nov 15, 2011
    Deep in GBAtemp addiction
    I don't know about the SD media launcher in particular but I know Nintendo did block the Active Replay disk so the idea that it would have also blocked SD media launcher as well.

If that's the case you'd need a little soft modding to fix it. I think it'd take either installing an older version of the MIOS or a cMIOS in order to fix that.