So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
@Dirtie: My father was a primitive baptist, they believe in predestination.. you will take as many steps as you are granted, not one more or less. My mother was a freewill baptist, they believe your fate is your choosing. What you say about the different denominations is profoundly true, even within so called denominations, there are hugely significant differences.

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I agree with everything, am an Atheist myself, and so is almost everyone I know.
However, I'd like to point out a slight mistake in the topic post, the burden of proof actually IS with you, not with the religious people.

Scientifically speaking, everything is true until it is proofed false.
For example: millions of people can never see a unicorn, but that doesn't prove they don't exist. However, only 1 person needs to see one to prove they DO exists. Assuming the person wouldn't be lying, of course.
Yes, generally speaking it is impossible to prove something is true, and very easy to prove something is wrong. The trick is striping away all the wrongs until the only possible right remains.

Ok, I'm rambling now, sorry, stopping
smile.gif

Science:

-Observe
-Make theory based on facts
-Support theory with evidence and experiments
-Theory disproved, everyone learns something and moves on to the next question.

Religion:

-Make crazy claims, push them on others
-Kill anyone who opposes them
-???
-Profit

henry_uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree with everything, am an Atheist myself, and so is almost everyone I know.
However, I'd like to point out a slight mistake in the topic post, the burden of proof actually IS with you, not with the religious people.

Scientifically speaking, everything is true until it is proofed false.
For example: millions of people can never see a unicorn, but that doesn't prove they don't exist. However, only 1 person needs to see one to prove they DO exists. Assuming the person wouldn't be lying, of course.
Yes, generally speaking it is impossible to prove something is true, and very easy to prove something is wrong. The trick is striping away all the wrongs until the only possible right remains.

Ok, I'm rambling now, sorry, stopping
smile.gif

Science:

-Observe
-Make theory based on facts
-Support theory with evidence and experiments
-Theory disproved, everyone learns something and moves on to the next question.

Religion:

-Make crazy claims, push them on others
-Kill anyone who opposes them
-???
-Profit

Actually I would have to say the difference is one relies on fact and proof, the other on faith.

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could go into detail about trying to prove God's existance but it wouldn't really change anything. In the end it's about faith, if you don't choose to believe in God that's fine, he gave us that choice. I, for one, believe that God (it's my faith, don't get mad) made everything and everyone according to their predestination. I also believe that having faith in the Lord can move mountains because that's what God predestined to happen if you had said faith. I have personally felt him in my life and even though I'm not really all flowers and sunshine, knowing that the anger and pain of life doesn't matter because the only thing that does actually matter in life (my belief) is my faith in God. I also want to share a secret, I am going to die, you are going to die, the guy next door is going to die, and everyone on this forum is going to die.

chalupa

Trophies
Website
nandatoe.tk
XP
Country
United States
Now, i defiantly know this post will either start a flame-war or get me verbally slapped by other disagreeing members but Christianity is a huge part of my life and it will always be. Also since Christianity is the truth and can save people form eternal damnation I feel that it is my job to find everyone who needs to be saved and introduce them to the gospel. Consider it like someone has cancer and you know the cure to save that life you would do everything In your power to make sure cancer victims can live.

this topic is important to me so I will stay on here for a bit. If anyone would like to either disprove my faith or ask questions, im ready and willing to answer and combat.

-From the Christian Fanboy

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just like TakaM, I consider myself a deist, though I usually just tell people I'm an atheist in order to not have to explain myself. I think religion is dangerous. People can believe whatever they want to believe as long as it doesn't spill into intolerance, which is not the case far too often.

"Without religion, we'd have bad people doing bad things, and good people doing good things. Religion makes people from both sides cross over."
-I forget who says this, but I love it (probably paraphrased badly)

"If men are so wicked as we see them with religion, what would they be if without it?"
-Benjamin Franklin

"Faith is the opposite of logic"
-Dawkins?
smile.gif

Astral_

GBAtemp elder
Trophies
XP
Country
France
my point exactly, what is faith, believing in something without proof

Ok sure, but just without the killing people who disagree bit. Whilst countless deaths and wars have occured with religion at the centre, that does not mean that all religion deals with the killing of oposition.

Please do not confuse faith with religion.

Most people have to believe in something, be it a god, or just that their life will get better, whatever.
Religion is a man-made instrumentation of faith to control people.
You may believe and not adhere to religion at all. You have to believe ; you can't merely stick to science, since science has not explained everything to this day.

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Also since Christianity is the truth

It's important for you to recognize that this isn't true. You think it's the truth, which is fine. If it was actually the truth, then it wouldn't be called "faith."

And, if you had been born in Pakistan, you wouldn't believe this. Something else that's important to consider, I think.

D

Deleted User

OP
If a baby dies, he/she goes to hell.
Everyone who died before Jesus was born goes to hell, because the only way to God, is through Jesus.

Man, I ramble a lot.  BTW, I used to be a Christian ... I just saw the light eventually.

I used to be a Christian, I dont practice it anymore BUT I had to point this out. "Everyone who died before Jesus was born goes to hell, because the only way to God, is through Jesus." is not entirely true to what christians believe. Appreantly, Jesus preyed for the souls of all that came before him and therefore delivered them from that fate....

And that whole baby thing, where did you come up with that notion?

Well, uhh ... I thought that's what Christians believed.
tongue.gif
The thing is ... you can find two christians that believe in totally different things. There's so many denominations. I'm sure there are some that think babies who die go to heaven ... but I remember them going to hell ... because they have original sin or something.

chalupa

Trophies
Website
nandatoe.tk
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Also since Christianity is the truth

It's important for you to recognize that this isn't true. You think it's the truth, which is fine. If it was actually the truth, then it wouldn't be called "faith."

And, if you had been born in Pakistan, you wouldn't believe this. Something else that's important to consider, I think.

well there really isn't much to lose. If i where to die and it not be true, then it wouldn't matter because i would be dead and Im not going to find my life a waste since there is no life after death.
If a baby dies, he/she goes to hell.
Everyone who died before Jesus was born goes to hell, because the only way to God, is through Jesus.

Man, I ramble a lot. BTW, I used to be a Christian ... I just saw the light eventually.

I used to be a Christian, I dont practice it anymore BUT I had to point this out. "Everyone who died before Jesus was born goes to hell, because the only way to God, is through Jesus." is not entirely true to what christians believe. Appreantly, Jesus preyed for the souls of all that came before him and therefore delivered them from that fate....

And that whole baby thing, where did you come up with that notion?

Well, uhh ... I thought that's what Christians believed.
tongue.gif
The thing is ... you can find two christians that believe in totally different things. There's so many denominations. I'm sure there are some that think babies who die go to heaven ... but I remember them going to hell ... because they have original sin or something.
Baby's go to heaven, there is an age of understanding that someone must be of, the age varies per person so a retarded guy's age is much higher than a mentally stable man's is. whenever you find a contradiction from two people, go straight to the bible and cut out the middle man.

Thulinma

Computer Magician
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.thulinma.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
[...] Also since Christianity is the truth and can save people form eternal damnation I feel that it is my job to find everyone who needs to be saved and introduce them to the gospel. [...] this topic is important to me so I will stay on here for a bit. If anyone would like to either disprove my faith or ask questions, im ready and willing to answer and combat.

-From the Christian Fanboy
I don't have a problem with you believing in Christianity, after all everyone is free to believe in whatever he/she wishes to.
However, I do have a problem with you trying to force everyone else in believing that as well and your firm belief that it is "the truth". Everyone should always be open to the possibility of being wrong, especially on the topics that you never really thought you could ever be wrong. You seem to think religion is war, and thus needs to be fought for. Relax
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the...