Homebrew My unusual problem with playing backup games

XYguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello! I have the most unusual problem with my Wii.

One day I burned some gamecube games to play them and found that I would hardly play them without a gamecube controller, which bummed me, so I was fiddling with the homebrew to see if I could make those gamecube games work with the wii classic controller. It didn't work. I didn't dabble much with it in fear of damaging the installation.

But the next time I trying playing a backup Wii game I found that the console would not recognize them, and often would lock with an error. But it would play original games. And the Gamecube copies.

The next day I tried playing a backup game and it did recognize one of them. But not the rest.

So I updated cIOS, the Homebrew Channel, and Neogamma.

And now that I've tested all my backups it plays two of them, but not the rest.

When I put them, the ones that don't work, in NeoGamma it appears the message:

dvd error 000000000000 inquiry
No drive connected?

When I try to access the same games the normal way, using the Disk Channel, the "Unable to read the disk. Check the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting" pops up, and sometimes the Wii even locks saying "An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button and remove the disc, then turn the Wii console off and refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting".

I had played before some of the backups that now don't work, so I don't believe it is from the games. Also all of them are stored in Verbatim DVD-R dvds and were recorded at 4x recently.

I thought about trying a clean install of the homebrew software, but I've read that it can turn out badly.

After further testing I discovered that the backup dvds from the prior owner of the console work with the console, even a scratched Verbatim one.

Do you have any suggestions or insight about this conundrum?

Thanks for reading this.

XYguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
After trying to work out the problem, trying different methods, I cleaned the dvds, and two of the three I worked with played.

I believe the problems are the quality of the and state of the dvds. Slim cases cause more scratches in the DVDs and the Wii seems to be picky about them and smuges.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Overclock your PS3!!! lol