KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
evala said:
pls somebody that have installed ios36 revision8 to write what does Homebrew Channel shows as custom ios version when you press the house button while inside it.

It double posted............GBAtemp is slow

evala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i'm pretty sure i installed rev8 on my wii when it was released and it says v12.18? is that normal? anybody else with that info? so what should it say if its installed. and if not is there any problem to run it again just ot be on the sure side?

mickthestud

Trophies
XP
Country
i am a litle confused on all this talk about installing all different ios my wii is modded and i think i am stil on 3.2 do i still follow this guide or is it only for soft moded wiis...

D

Deleted User

i have a question could i downgrade using a WAD from 4.0 to 3.2 U anyone knows ?

Yummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
mickthestud said:
i am a litle confused on all this talk about installing all different ios my wii is modded and i think i am stil on 3.2 do i still follow this guide or is it only for soft moded wiis...

IOS36 Here

QUOTE(Bloodlust @ Mar 29 2009, 01:20 PM) Just wondering if I already have a Korean Wii which is already modded with US firmware would it be possible to use this install guide?

No matter if your Wii is modded or not: if you have trucha signed games, if you want the full new SD trick & if you want to downgrade again, you HAVE TO install cIOS36 rev8 BEFORE upgrading to 4.0...
wink.gif

Oh my!... GBATemp is so slow!
blink.gif

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
evala said:
i'm pretty sure i installed rev8 on my wii when it was released and it says v12.18? is that normal? anybody else with that info? so what should it say if its installed. and if not is there any problem to run it again just ot be on the sure side?

that would be right......... HBC doesnt show you the CIOS you have installed only the version of IOS36(not the cios) that it runs from

HBC doenst run from CIOS...........yes install rev8 again it wont matter how many times you install it......go ahead and do that.

NOTE: as this thread is dying down now i am retiring from it.........there is enough information in this thread than most of the websites online..........i have gone from 2 posts to my current posts buy only this thread..........most people seem to have updated or not by now.

NOTE: I was never able to compile wad manager for ios60 because of some weird reason........... contact WiiBlaster or Davi92 about trying to make one............sorry i tried all i could.

See you around.......................the chat is now closed also............. however the guide will stay up i just wont be answering anything anymore........bye and good luck

GGC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kongsnutz, if I use your method for updating to 4.0 (I am running 3.3U at the moment on a softmodded Wii)), will the following homebrews still be working:

- backup launcher 0.3 gamma
- cheat manager
- codedownloader
- gecko OS 1.07b 002fix
- homebrew browser
- menu loader 0.5 (very important, as I use it to run my import games!)
- save extractor
- save installer
- SD explorer
- Snes9xGX emu
- WAD Installer 2.1/uninstaller 1.1

I understand already installed VC/Wiiware WADs will still work, right?

Thanks a bunch for your answers!

tpformbh

Trophies
XP
Country
I would just like to say thanks for all the help, used method 1 from a 3.2 wii and all's well. Heart in the mouth moment when updating via the nintendo software update but all works a treat!

The only trouble I had was with cIOS and that was because it needed renaming to boot.dol for use in the HBC!

SD games work great, thanks again.

anonymous_cactus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks kong, all your time and assistance is much appreciated.

Go get some rest
smile.gif

4.0hacktools.rar, the thing we updated BEFORE getting the 4.0 update... is this considered "cios 60"? What do you call this procedure? Just in case I need to refer someone about what I did. I skipped the 61, patched ran 60, patched 60, skipped shop, as per instructions -- then updated via nintendo... but i'm still confused as to what I "did" exactly... as far as I understand it made the SD card feature work correctly, but, what exactly did it do and what did I install, persay.

It was mentioned I needed "cios 60" to be able to work out a solution (for now)... was that doing the procedure I mentioned, or was that only obtained by using the Waninkoko's 4.0? Or is that something completely different?

/// still trying to understand everything...

moviecouple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So If I have installed or think I have installed Custom IOS36 rev 08... and want to make sure it really has been done.... I can just re-reun it again? Or 10 more times. Doesn't matter if it is there already and gets written over?

moviecouple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That isn't the issue as of yet for me. As I haven't tried to update. Pretty sure it is there. Because I used the last cIOS36_rev8-Installer. It was the one that correct the 001/002 errors on certain backups. And those games now work on my system. So I am pretty sure it is there.

Just was wondering if there was a way to doubly make sure. Like, if it isn't there... would I be able to run Backup Launcher or GC Backup Launcher... or install Wads. Is there something that cIOS36_rev8 does that is needed for certain things to run?

tpformbh

Trophies
XP
Country
anonymous_cactus said:
Thanks kong, all your time and assistance is much appreciated.

Go get some rest
smile.gif

>>>> any luck w/ this strange new wad manager? I'll try it in a little bit. It sounds like its only good for people who did things correctly but had trouble with high capacity SD cards

also, 4.0hacktools.rar, the thing we updated BEFORE getting the 4.0 update... is this considered "cios 60"? What do you call this procedure? Just in case I need to refer someone about what I did. I skipped the 61, patched ran 60, patched 60, skipped shop, as per instructions -- then updated via nintendo... but i'm still confused as to what I "did" exactly... as far as I understand it made the SD card feature work correctly, but, what exactly did it do and what did I install, persay.

It was mentioned I needed "cios 60" to be able to work out a solution (for now)... was that doing the procedure I mentioned, or was that only obtained by using the Waninkoko's 4.0? Or is that something completely different?

/// still trying to understand everything...

that cios 60 makes the exploit still work on 4.0, without it you wouldn't be able to use wad manager.

anonymous_cactus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tpformbh said:
that cios 60 makes the exploit still work on 4.0, without it you wouldn't be able to use wad manager.

ok I think I get it now... so provided you had CIOSv7 or v8 installed (which kept the .wad manager working) past 3.2 firmware, you needed to patch 60 to KEEP it working, correct? Otherwise if you just installed via nintendo without the patch it would stop working... it sounds like the patch allowed the sd functionality to work correctly with installed wads and keep the manager working

BUT... if you didn't have CIOSv7/8 installed (as in my case, as I was at 3.2 and thought it didn't apply, which it didn't at the time, but now that i'm at 4.0 everything is screwed up, and running the 60 patch before upgraading wasn't "enough"). The instructions on the page were for 3.3 and 3.4, and it involved going back to 3.2 which I already had... i already had the homebrew... and didnt have any issues or problems with my wiikey... but made the mistake of not installing CIOSv7/8 and fully understanding everything

Now, because I have 60 patched and 4.0u w/o ciosv7/8... it has come to the conclusion that I (and a few others here) are totally screwed when it comes to installing new WADS... but at the same time, Kong has said if you had 60 completed correctly, there is still "hope" so to speak. But my question is, do I fall in the category of the "hope"... lol I don't know what that patching procedure was called... I still have nintendo IOS 60, but just had it patched to keep SD functionality and WAD manager working... that's all it was, correct? But since I skipped firmwares 3.3 and 3.4 and never did the CIOS... it sounds like i'm screwed. no matter what.. EVEN THOUGH i patched 60. But Kongs comment about cios60 leaves me a little confused

now i'm confusing myself :-P

Daileon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
kongsnutz said:
I have noticed my guide being used on a plethora of sites, including Japanese ones........ wow never knew it would be that widely used........hahaha

P.s i know it's my guide cos they have same links to my files and stuff but they remove my name from it...........grrrr

I've made one in portuguese (Brazil), but have given the credits you deserve.

http://www.horadolanche.com/index.php?showtopic=1745

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, when I thought I had done this correctly yesterday it seems I was mistaken.

I followed method 2. First time it did error but I didn't notice and just press a button to quit. 2nd time I made a not of the error; "ret = -1" when downloading the SystemUpdate 4.0 - which I believe was to do with not having enough blocks free on my wii.

I got rid of some stuff and now have 321 blocks free and ran the waninko installer again. It got a lot further, took a lot longer, got to "installing shopping channel" but gave a different error "ret = -1010".

How do I fix that ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next