Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
kongsnutz said:
bimicky said:
hi there!
I was trying toinstall ios60 but the installer says it needs a network to download IOS. my console is working, I took an internet test, everything is ok.
what shall I do?

Continue with the install

too many people downloading?

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yummy said:
Has someone found a link to this "mysterious" pre-compiled WadManager for 4.0??

I search all over the forum & the only thing i've found is THIS which i don't think is the right thing...

It doesnt do what you think it does, you still need CIOS installed

bimicky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I gotit,IOS60 is on!!
updating....
wink.gif
wink.gif
smile.gif

thank you!

Yummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
kongsnutz said:
It doesnt do what you think it does, you still need CIOS installed

I know kongsnutz!
rolleyes.gif

The thing which drives me crazy/angry is all these guys coming & saying they succeeded in doing "this" or "that" WITHOUT ANY link or direction, knowing it will help so many other people!...

Anyway.....

Skiller

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
K i have done 5 updates with this App all working

systems iv updated and are working Perfect

3.2U System
3.3U System
and 3 3.4U Systems

All running New Rev8 CIOS and now running new 4.0System menu
great work all and with the new USB loader out this looks to be a gread edition
smile.gif

16GB SD card here i come
tongue.gif

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yummy said:
Has someone found a link to this "mysterious" pre-compiled WadManager for 4.0??

I search all over the forum & the only thing i've found is THIS which i don't think is the right thing...

Yummy

Its true as the old version would not work with 4.0e and sdhc.
I saw this new version tried it and its working with a sdhc 8gb card 100% perfect.
pm me your email and i will send to you.

Cheers

evala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi, i wanted to know when rev8 of ios is installed what does the homebrew browser says as a custom ios loaded when you enter its in-menu by pressing the house button on the wiimote. isn't this the best way to be sure you have rev8 installed?

Simmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
thanks kongsnutz for the link... got a problem now... trying to install ciosrev8, it gives me a ret=-1071 error.... don't know what to do now...

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simmy said:
thanks kongsnutz for the link... got a problem now... trying to install ciosrev8, it gives me a ret=-1071 error.... don't know what to do now...

Youd chose htp install..............dont, choose wad install instead......................

S

Sobtanian

I updated officially (had cIOS 36_rev8 installed, HBC, GeckoOS, Softchip also) and they all stayed working, and the wii is 4.0E now which is great
biggrin.gif

I have a wiikey 2 also btw

BUT, this guide did the one missing thing for me - let me play nonlegit .wad games on the SD card, and for that it's done an awesome thing.

Well done!

8v8t8r

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have followed this guide and upgraded through method 1 to 4.0U. When I tried out the SD channel launching, it turned out that I can only launch wiiware games but not any vc games. The vc games I have tried are: zelda ocarina of time, mario kart 64, earthbound (may have been a hacked wad, can't remember). The wiiware games that did worked for me are: Bomberman Blast & Pokemon Ranch.

my wi specs are:
-CIOS rev 8 installed
-IOS60 installed through alternative way since I was stuck on 15/15 during installation, but kongsnutz guided me through this with a an alternative method.
-1st gen wiikey

any help is appreciated, since there's many vc games I want to try but couldn't because of memory limitations.

EDIT: to be clear, the vc games didn't boot and the wii returned to the title screen without any message. Only wiiware games worked so far.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8v8t8r said:
I have followed this guide and upgraded through method 1 to 4.0U. When I tried out the SD channel launching, it turned out that I can only launch wiiware games but not any vc games. The vc games I have tried are: zelda ocarina of time, mario kart 64, earthbound (may have been a hacked wad, can't remember). The wiiware games that did worked for me are: Bomberman Blast & Pokemon Ranch.

my wi specs are:
-CIOS rev 8 installed
-IOS60 installed through alternative way since I was stuck on 15/15 during installation, but kongsnutz guided me through this with a an alternative method.
-1st gen wiikey

any help is appreciated, since there's many vc games I want to try but couldn't because of memory limitations.

thats what IOS60 was for.............its all working however.........you cannot load wads from another country on your wii.

try downloading a VC wad from your region and then try..............the ones that dont work you can use freethewads to patch to your region.

you probably used preloader/starfall/cioscorp on an old FW to launch these before but 4.0 cant yet...................so patch them or make sure to download ones from your region

evala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pls somebody that have installed ios36 revision8 to write what does Homebrew Channel shows as custom ios version when you press the house button while inside it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste