KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sick Wario said:
great guide here but will my wiikey 1.9s still load backup disc from disc channel?

YES, is you have a chip disc channel loading will always be available

P.s Looking for sombody who can compile Wad Manager.........

Cooler89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question After getting into 4.0 is it possible to use CIOS downgrader and downgrade it to 3.2 with CIOSCORP Installed...?

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
i followed these instructions as i have the same setup

started on 3.2U
WiiKey 1.9s v1
installed cIOS rev8
installed the IOS60 using kongnutz guide
upgraded to 4.0U using wii system menu
ran IOS downgrader

i followed method 2 in the guide

everything went smoothly and i can run 'backup WAD' wiiware form SD however all my 'backup' discs AND retail discs are not read in disc channel. only gecko OS will load discs

help what did i do wrong?
i ran IOS downgrader v1 and got a black screen so did that work or not?

kongsnutz are you on the chat?

EDIT

ok after a tense hour or so kongsnutz has helped me get backups and retail discs working on my wiikey again!

anyone who follows method 2 of the install and cannot load discs from disc channel try running IOS downgrader again and install cIOS rev8 again

SD WAD copy/play works!
backup discs work in disc channel!
retail discs work in disc channel!
trucha (GH3) discs work in disc channel!

thanks again to kongsnutz

Zaiga

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have a question, since the update installs new IOS'. Can I play Madworld properly? I heard Madworld needs IOS53 to run.

Edit: Another question, I have IOS249 rev7 installed, and I have done the update. Can I still install IOS249 rev8?

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zaiga said:
I have a question, since the update installs new IOS'. Can I play Madworld properly? I heard Madworld needs IOS53 to run.

Edit: Another question, I have IOS249 rev7 installed, and I have done the update. Can I still install IOS249 rev8?

yes ...... yes and YES
tongue.gif

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cooler89 said:
Question After getting into 4.0 is it possible to use CIOS downgrader and downgrade it to 3.2 with CIOSCORP Installed...?

YES as long as CIOS is already installed before updating to 4.0

NOTE: A fix now exists for those people that installed IOS60 using the guide but not CIOS before updating. PM ME for your fix (Thanks to Davi92)
NOTE 2: I have already sent PM's to those that i saw needed it. please post back with results

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a problem. I sat there for an hour for everything to download and install. It went really slow because my 360 is downloading gta sa. So it did downloaded everything, then it started installing things and at this point i got bored so i switched channels and was watching kids choice awards, then all the sudden dwayne johnson's shirt got ripped off and things got weird so I switched back and it was still installing. It got to the shop channel and then it failed and said press any button to restart. it Didn't update at all just cuz the chop channel failed. still at 3.2 I dont want to start over cuz itll take another hour. How do I get it to not fail at the shop channel?

ToddlerTN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
timtlm said:
ToddlerTN said:
QUOTE said:
Homebrew Channel installed already
*IOS249 rev7 or 8 (CIOS) installed already (GUIDE HERE for 3.4/3.3 users if you need it)
SD Card
Waninkoko's 4.0 Updater (Method 2 only) HERE

This .rar file DOWNLOAD (Contains IOS60 installer using IOS249 thanks to ppc_gba"no illegal files")
I've yet to see explained why you need the Homebrew Channel installed already. I've never installed it and I'd prefer not to. Isn't IOS249rev8 and IOS60 installer enough? Seems that's what is required for users who already updated to 4.0 to be able to install HBC, which also implies HBC isn't strictly required if all you want to do is run WAD Installer, which is all I've ever needed. What am I missing?

Wow, I would never recommend updating without HBC. I'm really surprised that anyone would have a wad manager channel and no HBC. Technically you don't need it if you have wad manager, and all you want to do is install wads, but you could be putting yourself in bad position if you ever need it. I suppose you could always install the HBC if you found a wad for it.

also, you can't install IOS60 patched using this guide without HBC. You would have to find a wad for it, which is a little more difficult to find.
I'll be more specific. I didn't say WAD Manager, I said WAD Installer. I've never installed HBC due to the inability to return a console to stock status. All I've ever done is run the Twilight Hack to run WAD Installer/Uninstaller to load/unload VC/WiiWare. That's all I really want to still be able to do under System Menu 4.0. That's not possible?

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ToddlerTN said:
timtlm said:
ToddlerTN said:
QUOTE said:
Homebrew Channel installed already
*IOS249 rev7 or 8 (CIOS) installed already (GUIDE HERE for 3.4/3.3 users if you need it)
SD Card
Waninkoko's 4.0 Updater (Method 2 only) HERE

This .rar file DOWNLOAD (Contains IOS60 installer using IOS249 thanks to ppc_gba"no illegal files")
I've yet to see explained why you need the Homebrew Channel installed already. I've never installed it and I'd prefer not to. Isn't IOS249rev8 and IOS60 installer enough? Seems that's what is required for users who already updated to 4.0 to be able to install HBC, which also implies HBC isn't strictly required if all you want to do is run WAD Installer, which is all I've ever needed. What am I missing?

Wow, I would never recommend updating without HBC. I'm really surprised that anyone would have a wad manager channel and no HBC. Technically you don't need it if you have wad manager, and all you want to do is install wads, but you could be putting yourself in bad position if you ever need it. I suppose you could always install the HBC if you found a wad for it.

also, you can't install IOS60 patched using this guide without HBC. You would have to find a wad for it, which is a little more difficult to find.
I'll be more specific. I didn't say WAD Manager, I said WAD Installer. I've never installed HBC due to the inability to return a console to stock status. All I've ever done is run the Twilight Hack to run WAD Installer/Uninstaller to load/unload VC/WiiWare. That's all I really want to still be able to do under System Menu 4.0. That's not possible?

You'll need homebrew channel to install the IOS60 update before upgrading.

after that sure you can delete it if you dont want it and have no use for it................but i wouldn't

anonymous_cactus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bloodlust... any luck getting the PMed files by kong to work? I keep getting a BAD HASH error and can't seem to figure out why during the first part of the instructions

Zaiga

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
When I install IOS249 rev8, what will happen to IOS249 rev7 that I had installed before? And will Wiigator's backup launcher Gamma still run with the new IOS?

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zaiga said:
When I install IOS249 rev8, what will happen to IOS249 rev7 that I had installed before? And will Wiigator's backup launcher Gamma still run with the new IOS?

It overwrites it, and yes it can

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
anonymous_cactus said:
bloodlust... any luck getting the PMed files by kong to work? I keep getting a BAD HASH error and can't seem to figure out why during the first part of the instructions

I got the same error as you...
frown.gif

fm836a.jpg

anonymous_cactus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ yup, exact same spot as you. just wanted to make sure i wasn't the only one since it seems we are both in the exact situation.

If you ever do get it all figured out, send me a PM if you don't mind, and i'll do the exact same for you if I ever get mine working.

moviecouple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... do I need to be on 3.2U in order to do method 1 or 2. Even though I already have HBC and cIOS36_rev8 (IOS249) and all my Homebrew/Loaders/Emulators all work perfectly on 3.4U???

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
anonymous_cactus said:
^ yup, exact same spot as you. just wanted to make sure i wasn't the only one since it seems we are both in the exact situation.

If you ever do get it all figured out, send me a PM if you don't mind, and i'll do the exact same for you if I ever get mine working.

Likewise, will keep you updated. By the way, did you try running other wiifri patched games from the disc channel? It always reports a disc error. And GeckoOS is not able to launch it either (it gets stuck when launching) Is it the same with yours?

Only games which are scrubbed but not patched (NTSC-J->NTSC-U or PAL) will work fine. Yours the same?
hate2.gif

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moviecouple said:
So... do I need to be on 3.2U in order to do method 1 or 2. Even though I already have HBC and cIOS36_rev8 (IOS249) and all my Homebrew/Loaders/Emulators all work perfectly on 3.4U???

NOPE just follow any method using 3.4 in that case

moviecouple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So then all I currently need to do is follow the guide and use either method 1 or 2. No other prepping needed? Just want to make sure before I bite the bullet.

Also... do you think it might be wise to wait until until Waninkoko comes out with or might come out with something more stable. Seems like I am reading that a lot of things are broken with the current ways of upgrading to 4.0.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moviecouple said:
So the all I currently need to do is follow the guide and use either method 1 or 2. No other prepping needed? Just want to make sure before I bite the bullet.

Also... do you think it might be wise to wait until until Waninkoko comes out with or might come out with something more stable. Seems like I am reading that a lot of things are broken with the current ways of upgrading to 4.0.

Yes ........correct

Use method 1 ir you are unsure...........you can always undo anything later if you come across difficulties as long as you have CIOS and HBC installed before the update

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Dude just shat himself.