Hardware My Switch Won't Turn on After Launching Payload!!

Vertx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi! I was installing retroarch and getting some roms, i connected my Switch onto my pc and launched fusee-primary payload to play them, the problem is my switch won't turn on, i tried pressing the power button 12 seconds and it didn't work, i wonder if i bricked my switch somehow.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold power for 15 seconds. Then hold power and + for two seconds it should then be in a RCM (with the jig if you need it if you're not AutoRCM) and re-send the payload. I highly doubt it's bricked.

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! I was installing retroarch and getting some roms, i connected my Switch onto my pc and launched fusee-primary payload to play them, the problem is my switch won't turn on, i tried pressing the power button 12 seconds and it didn't work, i wonder if i bricked my switch somehow.

Very unlikely to be "bricked" unless the emmc is corrupted.

OR

You have suffered "Ram Death" as I call it... (If this is the case, payloads will still launch... But everything will black screen and when you run memloader, you will get MTC_LOAD error (got 246400 bytes instead of 43XXXXXXXXXX)

But no. It won`t be dead I don`t think.

Vertx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hold power for 15 seconds. Then hold power and + for two seconds it should then be in a RCM (with the jig if you need it if you're not AutoRCM) and re-send the payload. I highly doubt it's bricked.
Tried it, nothing happens, Tegra won't detect RCM neither

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Very unlikely to be "bricked" unless the emmc is corrupted.

OR

You have suffered "Ram Death" as I call it... (If this is the case, payloads will still launch... But everything will black screen and when you run memloader, you will get MTC_LOAD error (got 246400 bytes instead of 43XXXXXXXXXX)

But no. It won`t be dead I don`t think.
So... What are my options then?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you install AutoRCM?
  • If not, then holding down the power button for 15 seconds and then turning it on should allow the Switch to boot normally.
  • If you did install AutoRCM, then holding down the power for 15 seconds and then plugging the Switch into your computer should allow it to boot into RCM.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be different reasons. Possibly corruption on your sd card, problem with your usb type c cable, even problem with your computer. Try different usb ports or a different computer if you have one. Maybe even reformat your sd card.

It's also possible that it just needs to be charged. Try charging it for a few hours then retry. The more I think about it I think this may be most likely.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be different reasons. Possibly corruption on your sd card, problem with your usb type c cable, even problem with your computer. Try different usb ports or a different computer if you have one. Maybe even reformat your sd card.

It's also possible that it just needs to be charged. Try charging it for a few hours then retry. The more I think about it I think this may be most likely.
+1 for sd card corruption, are you seeing the cfw's boot image?

LapCheong

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
When in doubt push a payload that doesn't require any files like biskeydump to narrow the factors

The only indicator whether it is in rcm or not is through tegraRCMGUI

1. Insert cable and start tegra look for the RCM status
2. While inserted, hold power button for 10 sec or longer to be safe
3. Look for RCM satus
4. If nothing, tap power button once. Watch the RCm logo light up !

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Best thing to do to test, is launch memloader from TegraRCMgui (any partition, SD emmc, boot0/1 doesnt matter)

If it launches without error, then Minerva training, thus RAM is fine. That narrows it down to SD card / firmware issue.

Vertx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Ok, it was apparently my USB cable that was at fault, i just bought it so i didn't think that would be the problem, i just loaded the payload again once i got a new cable and it went back to normal, i should have checked before posting, thank you guys and sorry you had to waste your time on my dumb question,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wasn't a dumb question. I once had a similar issue and it turned out my computer usb ports had messed up and I had to reboot my laptop and repair my computer drive. If you don't know you don't know.

joseph_17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need a little bit a help!! ok while im injecting the payload it tells me that its successfully injected the problem is that once the nintendo switch turn on the screen stays black and then starts to blink. can anyone tell me why?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need a little bit a help!! ok while im injecting the payload it tells me that its successfully injected the problem is that once the nintendo switch turn on the screen stays black and then starts to blink. can anyone tell me why?

Patched unit? Don't revive old thread by the way just create your own.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill