Gaming My Switch prediction for E3 2019 - Reddit will replace Facebook integration on the Switch

delete12345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now, Facebook is on the decline. If this keeps up, it may be possible we would see a shift in social media access, and Facebook may be replaced with Reddit, or some other social medias.

I for one, wanted Nintendo to have a third online integration service on the Switch (4th once Switch Online is available). I'm getting tired of Twitter and Facebook, and I just want some more varieties.

EDIT:

So, I have gotten some questions on why I chose Reddit.

There are pros and cons to this, but I believed the pros outweigh the cons:

Pros:
  • A close-knitted community, that can be used as forums for big games, niche games, creative outputs (art & graphics), custom games, customizable creativity (level map makers, etc.), and other things in general.
  • You have an established voting reputation system where anything in general are voted upon.
  • If the Switch Online doesn't have online communities, Reddit can also be used as an alternative, as well as be the #1 destination for salts and peppers.
  • News and updates are shared in real-time, and thus information about games or anything in general gets shared quickly.
  • It's a great way to share things to everyone who have common interests, and thus feel as if you're truly part of a community.
Cons:
  • Voting system can be easily manipulated, giving other submissions a disadvantage.
  • Reddit general problems can easily be seen in the Nintendo communities, however large or small.
  • Volunteers and moderation issues may be in play, but this is rare and it snowballs fast!

It may really seem like it's redundant, but at least it's better than nothing, if Switch Online doesn't give us the things we needed.

Last edited by delete12345,
Reactions: pandavova

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The whole cambridge analytica fiasco has been on the headlines for quite a while...
Like it will change anything for the lambda user.

WAKE UP guys, more than 3/4 of the userbase of facebook can't live without it now.
Reddit is the complete oposite of facebook, it's really impersonnal, people that use facebook would not find ANYTHING that they want and have with facebook on Reddit.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there's still too much shock and gore on reddit to end up on a ninty system.

delete12345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by delete12345,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like it will change anything for the lambda user.

WAKE UP guys, more than 3/4 of the userbase of facebook can't live without it now.
Reddit is the complete oposite of facebook, it's really impersonnal, people that use facebook would not find ANYTHING that they want and have with facebook on Reddit.
But i didnt said anything about leaving facebook, i just told him why people thinks facebook is going downhill.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
His point still stands though - drop in advertising doesn't equal drop in userbase.

Facebook will be around for many years to come yet.

--------------------

But i didnt said anything about leaving facebook, i just told him why people thinks facebook is going downhill.

idk, he did say it's on the decline - which to me says more than just "going downhill" - for me that would include drop in userbase.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While i recognize and agree that recent events have absolutely hurt Facebook significantly, but I don't see support of it being dropped altogether. And let's be real, Reddit has been and will continue to be abused in similar matters, so I don't see them making such a parallel move like that. Now maybe they'd add Reddit support, but they wouldn't use it to flat out replace any one of the services, Facebook or otherwise. Beyond that, I don't see such an announcement being so important that it would be revealed in an E3 briefing.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Twitter will die before Facebook does. I personally cannot stand either service.

As for Facebook, the worse thing I can see happening is, Mark Zuckerburg will just step down from being CEO. Some other guy will take over as CEO, and people will just forget about it, because most people have short attention spans. But hey, I could be wrong.

delete12345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have gotten some questions on why I chose Reddit.

There are pros and cons to this, but I believed the pros outweigh the cons:

Pros:
  • A close-knitted community, that can be used as forums for big games, niche games, creative outputs (art & graphics), custom games, customizable creativity (level map makers, etc.), and other things in general.
  • You have an established voting reputation system where anything in general are voted upon.
  • If the Switch Online doesn't have online communities, Reddit can also be used as an alternative, as well as be the #1 destination for salts and peppers.
  • News and updates are shared in real-time, and thus information about games or anything in general gets shared quickly.
  • It's a great way to share things to everyone who have common interests, and thus feel as if you're truly part of a community.
Cons:
  • Voting system can be easily manipulated, giving other submissions a disadvantage.
  • Reddit general problems can easily be seen in the Nintendo communities, however large or small.
  • Volunteers and moderation issues may be in play, but this is rare and it snowballs fast!

It may really seem like it's redundant, but at least it's better than nothing, if Switch Online doesn't give us the things we needed.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would nintendo want to incorporate faceberg anyways
i thought they were trying to shift to a youth demographic, i mean young adults , not small kids or elderly
grandma won't be using the switch it is not the wii
so facebook is a bad fit anyways

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Twitter will die before Facebook does. I personally cannot stand either service.

As for Facebook, the worse thing I can see happening is, Mark Zuckerburg will just step down from being CEO. Some other guy will take over as CEO, and people will just forget about it, because most people have short attention spans. But hey, I could be wrong.
I don't think he will step down. He's gunning for the presidency.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would nintendo want to incorporate faceberg anyways
i thought they were trying to shift to a youth demographic, i mean young adults , not small kids or elderly
grandma won't be using the switch it is not the wii
so facebook is a bad fit anyways
If Nintendo knew the trends, which I question, since sometimes it feels like they're stuck in the 90's. They would know a lot of kids avoid Facebook, because their parents are on there.
Mom: "BOBBY, WHY AM I NOT ON YOUR FACEBOOK?!"
Son: "Mom, I only want to add my friends on there, and the stuff you post, is kinda embarrassing..."
Mom: "WHAT DO YOU MEAN "EMBARRASSING"?! AND WHAT, AM I NOT "COOL" ENOUGH TO BE YOUR FRIEND?!"
Son: ...
Yeah, I'm sure most teens don't want their parents on their social media profile.

I don't think he will step down. He's gunning for the presidency.
I'm hopeful the DNC has someone better in mind, and someone who isn't awkward as fuck, and known as a man who owns a company that spies on you. A second grader at a school play has more charisma and is less awkward than Mark Zuckerberg

Reactions: x65943 and weatMod

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Nintendo knew the trends, which I question, since sometimes it feels like they're stuck in the 90's. They would know a lot of kids avoid Facebook, because their parents are on there.
Mom: "BOBBY, WHY AM I NOT ON YOUR FACEBOOK?!"
Son: "Mom, I only want to add my friends on there, and the stuff you post, is kinda embarrassing..."
Mom: "WHAT DO YOU MEAN "EMBARRASSING"?! AND WHAT, AM I NOT "COOL" ENOUGH TO BE YOUR FRIEND?!"
Son: ...
Yeah, I'm sure most teens don't want their parents on their social media profile.

I'm hopeful the DNC has someone better in mind, and someone who isn't awkward as fuck, and known as a man who owns a company that spies on you. A second grader at a school play has more charisma and is less awkward than Mark Zuckerberg
Look I hope you're right - but if Trump taught us anything, it's that money walks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@