Hacking My Softmodded Wii doesnt read any disc please help!

jamisonf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
illmatic8582 said:
Hello I softmodded my Wii using this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890, and it can no longer read any disc. Is there anyway to for me get my Wii back to it's original settings before I had done all of this or is it broken?

Just follow the steps to softmod your wii but stop after you install the system menu, 3.2 4.0 whatever it may be... If it doesn't read disc's you own and you have preloader installed, try disabling all the features regarding region force's, etc... see if that works first, otherwise revert to the plain system menu like i mentioned above.

illmatic8582

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I softmodded my Wii, and when I go to neogamma in the HBC, it does not recognize my backup. And When I play an official version of Wii sports, I get an error messege. It tells me to press the eject button and remove the disc.

jamisonf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
illmatic8582 said:
yes I installed a preloader

Go disable everything in the hacks menu of preloader, hold down reset while powering your unit on, disable everything in settings, hacks whatever, save settings go back, boot to system menu and try disc loading... it should work... if so go through and figure out which preloader setting is causing legit discs not to load, chances are you dont need the setting in the first place.

jamisonf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SNN said:
Don't you need DVDx to read backups?

Yes, but he is trying to play is legit games and its not working any longer.

QUOTE(illmatic8582 @ Jul 26 2009, 07:32 AM) Ok I went to the preloader screen and it just stays at a disclaimer

I think your confused... im not talking about the preloader installer from the HBC.... Power your wii off, hold the reset button, dont let go and hit the power button, preloader should pop up, then follow the steps above... disabling all the options.

illmatic8582

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe this is it, I went to the systemmenu Hacks on my preloader just like you told me, and it says couldnt find hacks.ini neither on FAT nor on NAND!

jamisonf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the hacks.ini should be on the root of your SD card. Go into preloader and disable everything and then try disc loading again...

jamisonf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
illmatic8582 said:
The only option I have at disabling something is the autoboot under the setting section of the preloader

What system menu are you running? 3.2, 4.0, 4.1? And what version of preloader? .28, .29?

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why fuck with shit if you don't know what your doing ?.......my wii is part of the org hack , I wasn't scared , nor did I have problems cause I read the instuctions , which weren't much at the time ....then again I guess it wasn't that hard either .......but me updating to 4.0 almost bricjed my shit , do to a lack of understanding .........so I suggest everyone read and re-read the read me file ......and for you people doing the read me files make them a little clearer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.