Homebrew My SD problem

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think my SD died, cause it either says its locked, or not detected.
I tried transferring my micro SD to another holder and still didn't work. was write protected.
Now...I just wanna be sure this has nothing to do with it, buuuut...

Well, I was taking my SD card out to transfer Youtube onto it. I know I'm supposed to turn off the system before removing it. I thought i powered it off, bt it didn't shut down all the way, and it was still in EmuNAND. I look back to see an error screen.

Obviously it still powers onto the homescreen, but I'm wondering if that mistake could have anything to do with my problem, by any chance?

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
have you got any other sd cards you can try if the fault persists its a problem with the console, its one of the known faults that can happen

MochaMilk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you got any other sd cards you can try if the fault persists its a problem with the console, its one of the known faults that can happen
Oh my gosh... I just tried it with two other normal SD cards, and I just keep getting "Could not detect SD Card. The software on the SD Card could not be displayed"

I'm gonna be heartbroken if it's my console.

MochaMilk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, guess I'm gonna have to just get a new 3DS.
This is dumb though. I can't send it to nintendo, or anything.
I just got my 3DS to be of use again. Where can I even find a 3DS that's below 10.3?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

PS. sorry about my grumpy tone. been having a bad day.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, guess I'm gonna have to just get a new 3DS.
This is dumb though. I can't send it to nintendo, or anything.
I just got my 3DS to be of use again. Where can I even find a 3DS that's below 10.3?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

PS. sorry about my grumpy tone. been having a bad day.
gl with the 3ds, i'd suggest going to a gamestop or somewhere and see if they have a used 3ds, considering 10.4 is rather new. Hope your day goes better :D

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
IIRC the SD card reader part of the 3DS (old only I believe) is modular and can be replaced without any soldering. You might wanna look into that instead of just getting a new console.

MochaMilk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC the SD card reader part of the 3DS (old only I believe) is modular and can be replaced without any soldering. You might wanna look into that instead of just getting a new console.
But the person who gave me the 3DS had already tampered with the inside, and stripped the screws. I tried looking inside today, and found that out. I don't have the means to get it looked at by a repair shop, or buy a tiny drill.

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
But the person who gave me the 3DS had already tampered with the inside, and stripped the screws. I tried looking inside today, and found that out. I don't have the means to get it looked at by a repair shop, or buy a tiny drill.
If that's how it is then yes, buying a new console is your only choice.
Even so, I'd either keep the console in case you're able to repair it in the future, or sell it to someone who's capable of fixing it up. That way you might get some money back.

MochaMilk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that's how it is then yes, buying a new console is your only choice.
Even so, I'd either keep the console in case you're able to repair it in the future, or sell it to someone who's capable of fixing it up. That way you might get some money back.
That's a really good idea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head