Hacking MY SD CARD!!! :CC

Infidel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your analogy is flawed logic. You would not have a license to begin with. Regardless, I'm sure the OP will go to Walmart just like you suggested.
I'm sure they will! So see I helped! It just gets me a little people take the time to cfw their 3ds store all kinds of data on it. Then go the cheap route on the SD then wonder why their data isn't secure and the SD gets corrupted. My real point was pay a little more for a legit product you know is quality and save you and your data a lot of headache in the long run.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
There are plenty of legit SD cards on ebay. Just be sure to buy from a reputable seller. It's pretty silly to tell people to NEVER buy sd's from ebay.

I'd say never buy sd's that ship from China and be sure the seller is reputable. If something looks off it probably is.
It depends how much your time is worth. If you are happy waiting a week or three for delivery, testing it, going through the whole rigmarole of making a claim through PayPal to get a refund, all just to possibly save $10. Then go for it. But personally it isn't worth it to me. I'd rather go to a shop, spend a little more and receive something I can take home and use the same day I decided to buy it.
By the way I bought an SD card from an eBay seller in Australia, with 100% positive feedback, and who sold 3-4 SD cards a day - and it was fake. Either the people giving feedback were all naive and too unknowledgeable to use H2testw, or the seller had just started doing it recently (about two days after my negative feedback, there was another negative feedback similar to mine). After all that effort, I tried again with another seller and the same thing happened. Now it is about 5 weeks later and I still don't have an SD card. So I bought one from Officeworks for about 1.5 times what I was paying on eBay and had no troubles. After that I swore to stay away from eBay. Even if it IS going to be legit, waiting a week or two for it to arrive, and then overnight for H2testw to finish, isn't worth the savings.

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends how much your time is worth. If you are happy waiting a week or three for delivery, testing it, going through the whole rigmarole of making a claim through PayPal to get a refund, all just to possibly save $10. Then go for it. But personally it isn't worth it to me. I'd rather go to a shop, spend a little more and receive something I can take home and use the same day I decided to buy it.
By the way I bought an SD card from an eBay seller in Australia, with 100% positive feedback, and who sold 3-4 SD cards a day - and it was fake. Either the people giving feedback were all naive and too unknowledgeable to use H2testw, or the seller had just started doing it recently (about two days after my negative feedback, there was another negative feedback similar to mine). After all that effort, I tried again with another seller and the same thing happened. Now it is about 5 weeks later and I still don't have an SD card. So I bought one from Officeworks for about 1.5 times what I was paying on eBay and had no troubles. After that I swore to stay away from eBay. Even if it IS going to be legit, waiting a week or two for it to arrive, and then overnight for H2testw to finish, isn't worth the savings.
You had bad luck, it happens. It's not enough to say NEVER buy sd's from ebay. I always buy from the same seller. The seller's name is "allizwell2k10". They ship from Simi Valley, California. I get the cards in 2 days and have never received a fake.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ebay and amazon are full of fakes (with the exception of orders fulfilled by amazon directly, rather than a random seller), especially if your going for the cheapest option, I recommend going to a proper pc/tech reseller like curries/pc world, they usually have offers on sd cards and at least you know they aren't some fly by night Chinese knockoff reseller, positive feedback on ebay means nothing when it comes to sd cards as most people are just completely ignorant and dot even realise they bought a fake before leaving that "wow much cheap A****" feedback
Actually you can still get fakes directly from Amazon. I know, it happened to me. Now I only buy my cards directly from stores like WalMart and Best Buy

Reactions: Quantumcat

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
See I would prefer to advise "noobs" to go where they guaranteed to receive a genuine card, and if they don't for some crazy outlandish reason they simply go back to the shop and get a refund/replacement, no dispute process and unessisary delays, and tricks that scammers can use to trick buyers into closing a case early so they are locked into the purchase

If your already aware of fakes, and ebay savvy and your aware of the risks and happy to take them to get a few bucks off, by all means go for it, but personally I will never suggest anyone goes to eBay unless I direct them to a specific seller who I know are reputable

PS I am by no means saying all sd cards on eBay are fake, I'm just saying that I would advise people not take the shortcut through a minefield to save 5 mins

Actually you can still get fakes directly from Amazon. I know, it happened to me. Now I only buy my cards directly from stores like WalMart and Best Buy
Ah, good to know, I haven't really used amazon for much, so I was just going off what I had heard others saying,

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: H1B1Esquire

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See I would prefer to advise "noobs" to go where they guaranteed to receive a genuine card, and if they don't for some crazy outlandish reason they simply go back to the shop and get a refund/replacement, no dispute process and unessisary delays, and tricks that scammers can use to trick buyers into closing a case early so they are locked into the purchase

If your already aware of fakes, and ebay savvy and your aware of the risks and happy to take them to get a few bucks off, by all means go for it, but personally I will never suggest anyone goes to eBay unless I direct them to a specific seller who I know are reputable

PS I am by no means saying all sd cards on eBay are fake, I'm just saying that I would advise people not take the shortcut through a minefield to save 5 mins

Ah, good to know, I haven't really used amazon for much, so I was just going off what I had heard others saying,

Of course, if you recommend ebay you just send the listing you already know is legit. There's no "minefield" in that case. I get what you're saying, though.

It's not just a couple bucks you're saving if you buy sd cards all the time, which I imagine a lot of people like me do. I'm just against saying never buy sd cards from ebay.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You had bad luck, it happens. It's not enough to say NEVER buy sd's from ebay. I always buy from the same seller. The seller's name is "allizwell2k10". They ship from Simi Valley, California. I get the cards in 2 days and have never received a fake.
The risk is there though. I'd rather pay an extra $10 than the guaranteed wait for postage and the risk of it being fake. If you've found a genuine seller that's good though, now you know the risk is very small (only if they decide to start selling fakes in the future).
I have a preferred online seller too, Cheapchips.com.au. They aren't as cheap as ebay but much cheaper than shops. And they don't sell fakes. If I don't need it immediately I buy from them.

FTWLetsPlay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh hey! I haven't been on this thread in a while. :D Things changed. I'm fine now. I used to be a noob but now I'm at it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNH5pnioQk