My ps1 eboot always crashes (80010002)

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by shqiponje, Nov 20, 2011.

Nov 20, 2011
  1. shqiponje
    OP

Newcomer shqiponje Newbie

United States
    I have a psp-go cfw 6.31 PRO and an eboot of the psn version of Final Fantasy VIII. I put the eboot in the /game folder and made sure it was in the Final Fanasy VIII folder as well.... so it looks like this

PSP/GAME/Final Fantasy VIII Psn/Eboot.pbp

Now every time I start the game though it takes me to the screen with the warnings then the screen turns black and it takes me back to my homescreen and says: the game could not be started (80010002).

Please if you guys can tell me the simplest and fastest way to fix this problem because I am kinda new to psp hacking. Thanks :)

2. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    You seem to be using 6.31 PRO. 6.31 has already been discontinued, making 6.20, 6.35, 6.39 and 6.60 the firmwares that are currently being developed under PRO, meaning, you are using a quite out-dated version of PRO. First of all, update to one of the listed supported firmwares and install the latest PRO lcfw for whichever firmware you chose. Here's a simple guide. I don't think that firmware supports pops.

Optionally, you can install popsloader (guide here) to increase compatibility. Darn, that guide needs a sticky. Took me forever to find it. >_

3. zygie

Member zygie GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Do what s4mid4re said and update your PRO CFW, but keep in mind PSN PS1 eboots are designed in a way for increased compatibility, hence you don't have to use popsloader at all (except in very few exceptions, like the recent Chrono Cross eboot requiring either an update to 6.60 or the use of 6.60 pops, as far as I heard.) I haven't used any different pops at all for my PSN PS1 eboots and I'm just on 6.20 PRO.

Off-topic, Agreed with the sticky, but there's an easier way (and doesn't require such a huge download) of setting up popsloader, IMO it should also be in the guide in a "for advanced users" section.

4. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    I had the same problem with a PSN eboot a while ago. All I did was to disable a plugin (in my case it was popsloader) and my eboot worked fine.

5. shqiponje
    OP

Newcomer shqiponje Newbie

United States
    Thanks guys all I had to do was upgrade my cfw and it works now