My plugin tech demo :)

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by BassAceGold, Sep 1, 2010.

Sep 1, 2010

My plugin tech demo :) by BassAceGold at 5:12 AM (1,873 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. BassAceGold
    OP

Member BassAceGold Testicles

Canada
    So I'm one of the few who managed to get in the beta testing of the SDK which compiles plugins for use on the Supercard DS Two. The SDK itself is fairly bare bones and the example included with the sdk shows only very basic input and software rendering which is the reason I have started coding a library; to ease the process and add advanced features for rendering. Here is a small tech demo I have created using my library, please excuse any bugs as well as the horrible menu graphics as they are not a priority in this demo.

[​IMG]

Download Here

The library will not be released until it is ready and that a public release of the SDK exists.

Library feature list:
    -Bitmap loading, 24,16 and 8 bit
    -Bitmap rendering with transparent color, x and y flipping, rotation, rendering in or convert to grey scale, alpha blending(per pixel alpha blending via a mask or full object blending),and scaling to specified dimensions.
    -Frames and animations (vertical and horizontal animation strips supported) along with advanced frame manipulation for multi sized frames in animations
    -Pad input, key newpress and hold detection
    -Screen capturing- Top screen, bottom screen, or both screens in 24 bit bmp files
    -Freetype2 library integration for TTF font support with anti aliasing

2. indask8

Member indask8 New Member Forever

France
    Looks like you are the very first to release an homebrew using dstwo's SDK, congratulations. [​IMG]

3. Berthenk

Member Berthenk Epitome of Awesomeness

Netherlands
    Fuck dude, awesome stuff! Do you want to share the list of features included in your library?
    Gotta check that demo out!

4. BassAceGold
    OP

Member BassAceGold Testicles

Canada
    Updated first post with library features.

5. SignZ

Member SignZ Timelord

Germany
    It would be awesome if you either continue your Zelda Homebrew with that SDK (like a 2.0 or 1.1 Version) or create something new. Either way, I bet it would be a great piece of homebrew. [​IMG]

6. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    I'm highly interested in this, as an occasional software programmer. Wishing you the best with this, as it seems like it could bring many more coders to the table.