My Plan

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Thur, Mar 28, 2009.

Mar 28, 2009

My Plan by Thur at 10:29 PM (628 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Thur
    OP

Newcomer Thur Member

Netherlands Antilles
    So, I remember when the game boy was a massive thing with 4 AA batteries and monochrome colors, with bad games that were quite memorable.
    For some reason, I thought the NDS was just like it. I have been fully unaware of how the mobile market (and maybe the gaming market as a whole) was moving.

The GBA was not quite there for me. I hated the thing. But I like what I have seen in my 2 days or so of researching the DS Lite.
    So now, I am ready to buy! I think beginning next month.

From what I have heard, the new DSi can be bricked at anytime, and is a little more expensive, and has pooerer battery life than the DS Lite, so I crossed it off the list.
    I'll be buying:
    *an NDS ( I think in silver)
    *an Acekard 2 (amazing that dealextreme seems to be able to ship its merchandise worldwide & free, there must be some sort of catch)
    *a nice set of headphones (Sony MDR7506)
    *this NDS Lite case http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9710

I am still loking for advice however, since this list is only temporal, and may be heavily modified in the future.
    Is my choice of card correct? Is the R4, or the Acekard 2i better? Did I overlook any cards?
    Will my NDS Lite work with standard headphones?
    Any experience ordering from dealextreme? Are they really as cheap as they claim to be, and is their wordlwide free shopping good?

Thanks guys. I'm looking to become a very active member on here once I get started.

2. Thur
    OP

Newcomer Thur Member

Netherlands Antilles
    forgot to add these

*http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-16GB-microSDHC-SDSDQ-016G-Package/dp/B001L1H0SC/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1238279538&sr=1-18 Sandisk 16GB Micro SDHC
    *a random card reader, not sure if I currently have sd or the like on my laptop.

Would you change any of my choices? Am I missing something crucial?

3. Sharpz

Member Sharpz GBAtemp Fan

United States

There's 1 catch...2 weeks to 1 month+ to arrive because they ship from China. Besides that minor setback the Acekard 2 is awesome and your "plan" is pretty well set up. ;D

4. ZonMachi

Member ZonMachi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    There's always the catch of most flashcarts you buy being shipped from Asia taking weeks at the least [​IMG] I wouldn't spend $41 though to get the 16gig unless your going put a lot of stuff on your card like RPG games.