Gaming my odds of getting rrod?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you've had it for a while already...which I would imagine you have? then it clearly was one of the rare early 360's that doesn't have an issue with RRoDing.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Hells Malice said:
If you've had it for a while already...which I would imagine you have? then it clearly was one of the rare early 360's that doesn't have an issue with RRoDing.

You have to consider how often it gets played too. If the system doesn't get turned on for more than say, an hour at a time, a couple times a week, it isn't going to be RRoDing anytime soon.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
Hells Malice said:

You have to consider how often it gets played too. If the system doesn't get turned on for more than say, an hour at a time, a couple times a week, it isn't going to be RRoDing anytime soon.

That's a load of bull. It will RRoD at any moment it chooses to. It's like a time bomb waiting to go off only you can't see the timer so you have no way of knowing how much time you have left.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
431unknown said:
Nathan Drake said:
Hells Malice said:

That's a load of bull. It will RRoD at any moment it chooses to. It's like a time bomb waiting to go off only you can't see the timer so you have no way of knowing how much time you have left.

Correct me if I'm wrong here. The RRoD is a severe overheating error to the point where the 360 becomes unplayable due to the damage done by the heat. Tell me, how does a system overheat if it isn't given the chance? It isn't just gonna sort of happen because it wants to.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
ff6man said:
Well i had my xbox 360 for 4 years now And it must of fell SO MUCH

Still No RROD

I'm sort of surprised it isn't just full out broken. I've heard of systems taking more abuse that just kept on going though.

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nukeboy95 said:
what are my odds of getting red ring of death ont my 360

it the first model (its so old it dont have a hdmi port)
depends where you bought it. I beleive refurbished consoles have been fixed to prevent this sort of thing. but if you bought it durring or before the RRoD Madness, you could be in trouble. I'm not sure if microsoft is still fixing this issue for free, as the old consoles are no longer being developed or sold.
moogle.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theres only a 3 year warranty on them, after that you have to pay ms $100 to fix it, or fix it yourself

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Bunie said:
nukeboy95 said:
what are my odds of getting red ring of death ont my 360

it the first model (its so old it dont have a hdmi port)
depends where you bought it. I beleive refurbished consoles have been fixed to prevent this sort of thing. but if you bought it durring or before the RRoD Madness, you could be in trouble. I'm not sure if microsoft is still fixing this issue for free, as the old consoles are no longer being developed or sold.
moogle.gif

Happened to my friend awhile ago. They just sent him a new 360. They may ask the serial number, but as soon as you mention the three red lights and the E74, they will pretty much just tell you to send it in.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Evo.lve said:
You know that on the new 360, you can't get RRoDs?

And that's because they disabled the red ring of lights, not because they actually fixed the problem.

When I first read that, I laughed pretty hard. It's only defense against terrible overheating caused death is the auto-shutdown when it gets too warm. Can't wait until a slim does it's own RRoD and people start freaking out and suing Microsoft. :3

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
431unknown said:
Nathan Drake said:
Hells Malice said:

Correct me if I'm wrong here. The RRoD is a severe overheating error to the point where the 360 becomes unplayable due to the damage done by the heat. Tell me, how does a system overheat if it isn't given the chance? It isn't just gonna sort of happen because it wants to.

Dust gets everywhere my friend and the more that's in there the quicker it will over heat. Even just an hour a day and then not playing for a few months dust still gets in there.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
431unknown said:
Nathan Drake said:
431unknown said:
Nathan Drake said:
Hells Malice said:

Dust gets everywhere my friend and the more that's in there the quicker it will over heat. Even just an hour a day and then not playing for a few months dust still gets in there.

So use some compressed air before turning it on? Not too complicated and obviously a good measure if you happen to be one of the people that doesn't play often.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I have a launch 360 and i didn't play it very hard at all and over the past summer I turned it on after sitting there for 3+ months not used and bam RRoD. It happens like that. Luckily I have spares.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
431unknown said:
I have a launch 360 and i didn't play it very hard at all and over the past summer I turned it on after sitting there for 3+ months not used and bam RRoD. It happens like that. Luckily I have spares.

It happens if you don't take care of your system. Like I said, compressed air does wonders for removing dust.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Stating a solution is equal to trolling? kk

I know the original 360 was a pile of crap, but I'm also saying the RRoD wasn't just a *snap your fingers* and then you had it. Like I said, only playing it often (hell, casual playing for the earlier 360 models), or improper care of the 360 will bring it on quickly.

Also, leaving a system out for 3 months and not making any attempts to clean it a bit before using it again is just asking for something to go wrong.

Zerox8610

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Microsoft said a year or two ago that 54% of 360s sold will get the RROD...

Slim is another story, if you RROD, buy an arcade slim lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ak Aack AAAACK!!!