Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
Stating a solution is equal to trolling? kk

I know the original 360 was a pile of crap, but I'm also saying the RRoD wasn't just a *snap your fingers* and then you had it. Like I said, only playing it often (hell, casual playing for the earlier 360 models), or improper care of the 360 will bring it on quickly.

Also, leaving a system out for 3 months and not making any attempts to clean it a bit before using it again is just asking for something to go wrong.

Right there you sided with me. Casual playing what is that to you? An hour a day? A few days a week? Maybe letting the system sit for a few months then playing an hour? No one should have to clean their system before playing especially in a house a ocd cleaning wife like mine. So what smart assed comment you got for me now?

Oh and all I did was turn mine on. I didn't even get to the dashboard. RRoD. I never said it was a "snap your fingers" either.

Zerox8610

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
431unknown said:
Nathan Drake said:

I know the original 360 was a pile of crap, but I'm also saying the RRoD wasn't just a *snap your fingers* and then you had it. Like I said, only playing it often (hell, casual playing for the earlier 360 models), or improper care of the 360 will bring it on quickly.

Also, leaving a system out for 3 months and not making any attempts to clean it a bit before using it again is just asking for something to go wrong.

Right there you sided with me. Casual playing what is that to you? An hour a day? A few days a week? Maybe letting the system sit for a few months then playing an hour? No one should have to clean their system before playing especially in a house a ocd cleaning wife like mine. So what smart assed comment you got for me now?

Whoa whoa whoa....
Lets not start a fight now

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
431unknown said:
Nathan Drake said:

Casual gaming is playing once or twice every day or two for controlled periods of time. Anymore than that and you are past casual. Picking it up once a month is by no means casual.

It also doesn't matter how much you clean. As you said yourself, dust is everywhere. You can clean your heart out, and it's still going to sneak into electronics. I clean my SNES before I play it even though I only play it about twice a year. I clean my PS2 before I play it since I only pick it up once a month at most.

omegasoul6

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
431unknown said:
Nathan Drake said:

Oh and all I did was turn mine on. I didn't even get to the dashboard. RRoD. I never said it was a "snap your fingers" either.

Quit freaking out,He's just stating the facts.

omegasoul6

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
431unknown said:
That's all I'm doing.

How do you clean your consoles and please be detailed in how you do it?
I dont know how he does it but i just grab compressed air and spray it on my fans and wipe dust off the fan blades using tissue/Q-tips with alcohol on it

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
431unknown said:
That's all I'm doing.

I'm not going to feed your flaming more than I already have.

I'm not flaming you. You just make it sound like the average person is going to go blow some canned air in their console and everything will be fine. I'm sorry I just don't see them doing that and really the shouldn't have too. Microsoft never really was truthful about the RRod and why it happens. I also don't believe the post about their numbers on the RRoD either I'm sure it was actually higher than 54%.

ff6man said:
QUOTE(431unknown @ Jan 7 2011, 07:03 AM)
That's all I'm doing.

I dont know how he does it but i just grab compressed air and spray it on my fans and wipe dust off the fan blades using tissue/Q-tips with alcohol on it
And you do this every time you play?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
431unknown said:
Nathan Drake said:
431unknown said:
That's all I'm doing.

I'm not flaming you. You just make it sound like the average person is going to go blow some canned air in their console and everything will be fine. I'm sorry I just don't see them doing that and really the shouldn't have too. Microsoft never really was truthful about the RRod and why it happens. I also don't believe the post about their numbers on the RRoD either I'm sure it was actually higher than 54%.

It felt like flaming, sorry if I misinterpreted it the wrong way.

I realize not everybody is aware of compressed air (as I just found in another topic), it's just something to look out for. I do agree that you shouldn't have to use it that often, but any system out for too long will get dust build up sadly. The original 360 took needed maintenance to an unreachable level though. Not saying the RRoD is in anyway justified, hell, Microsoft was sued and lost over it it was such a big issue.

A question, as I'm kind of curious: Do the inter-cooler units actually help in terms of RRoD for older 360's, or is just sort of a waste of money that doesn't actually decrease your chances?

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
My lord, 431, are you getting a divorce or something? Getting fired?

Every thread I see you in recently, you've been doing nothing but bitching, moaning, name-calling, and generally getting angry for no reason.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:

Every thread I see you in recently, you've been doing nothing but bitching, moaning, name-calling, and generally getting angry for no reason.

I learned it by watching you alright!

omegasoul6

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
431unknown said:
Nathan Drake said:
431unknown said:
That's all I'm doing.

ff6man said:
431unknown said:
That's all I'm doing.

And you do this every time you play?

Heck no only every couple months or so,And i do play it hardcore (3-6 hours a day)

Posts merged

QUOTE(monkat @ Jan 7 2011, 07:14 AM)

I Lawled Hard
rofl.gif

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm not flaming anybody (well maybe monkat sometimes). As for the intercoolers I heard they were junk but I don't know first hand as I never used one. I can't see how it would hurt anything tho.

I also preform some routine maintenance about 2 times a year on my systems. I've never really found much dust in my own stuff but I have see some other peoples systems and once I bought a 360 off of someone on xboxscene and it was full of pet fur(maybe it was monkat fur I don't know).

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm confused here, the RRoD are caused by overheating but 1 of my friends got the RRoD without playing, he was playing for 2 hours then turned his console off and he did something else (can't say what, bcos it's not me) The next day, he turns his console on, and just gets the RRoD, so how it was caused, I have no idea, it was turned off the whole time, he turns it on and it's dead, well that's what he told me anyway, I can't exactly say if it's true or not.

Zerox8610

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
431unknown said:
I'm not flaming anybody (well maybe monkat sometimes). As for the intercoolers I heard they were junk but I don't know first hand as I never used one. I can't see how it would hurt anything tho.

I also preform some routine maintenance about 2 times a year on my systems. I've never really found much dust in my own stuff but I have see some other peoples systems and once I bought a 360 off of someone on xboxscene and it was full of pet fur(maybe it was monkat fur I don't know).

Bahaha deserved.

OP wanted to know his chances of RROD tho.
Last I heard, it was 54%

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
No one will ever know the truth about RRoD. It will remain one of the great mysteries in the world. It probably over heated while playing and when it cooled down the soder joints were no longer making contact because the mobo probably warped.

monkat said:
431unknown said:
maybe it was monkat fur I don't know
Well I am in the habit of fucking your gaming consoles every waxing gibbous.

I was wondering what that white shit in there was.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
431unknown said:
Nathan Drake said:
Hells Malice said:
If you've had it for a while already...which I would imagine you have? then it clearly was one of the rare early 360's that doesn't have an issue with RRoDing.

You have to consider how often it gets played too. If the system doesn't get turned on for more than say, an hour at a time, a couple times a week, it isn't going to be RRoDing anytime soon.

That's a load of bull. It will RRoD at any moment it chooses to. It's like a time bomb waiting to go off only you can't see the timer so you have no way of knowing how much time you have left.

Correct me if I'm wrong here. The RRoD is a severe overheating error to the point where the 360 becomes unplayable due to the damage done by the heat. Tell me, how does a system overheat if it isn't given the chance? It isn't just gonna sort of happen because it wants to.
I see you haven't seen the Towel Trick. The towel trick involves taking your Red Ring'd Xbox, wrapping in in layers of towels, and leaving it running for like 20 minutes or something. The heat resets somethin on the heat sink or something like that from what I can tell.

The towel trick doesn't always last though, and the console may Red Ring again, but you can take advantage of that by trading in the Xbox to GameStop while you still can. XD

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I already tapped things out about RRoD- http://gbatemp.net/t193168-considering-a-3...t&p=2427152 it is not so much heat but bad design not helped by heat.

Also re canned air- just remember to make sure you hold the fan in place. It might not do anything but back EMF (fans are just motors and spinning a motor turns it into a dynamo) might not be accounted for in hardware. Also be careful not to do canned air upside down too much- it tends to freeze things which is fun but thermal cycling that rapidly on a small area is not the best idea for something resembling precision electronics.

To that end an old 360 simply by virtue of it being old is far more likely to RRoD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol