Hardware My Nintendo Switch has a blue screen !!

PeterDiaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just turned on my Nintendo Switch and it appears with blue screen, had SX OS installed in its latest version, and was in the latest Firmware 6.1.0, try to restore the Backup of the NAND (5.1.0) with the file rawnand.bin but always my Nintendo Switch has blue screen when starting.

I only have the file rawnand.bin

How can it be solved?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just turned on my Nintendo Switch and it appears with blue screen, had SX OS installed in its latest version, and was in the latest Firmware 6.1.0, try to restore the Backup of the NAND (5.1.0) with the file rawnand.bin but always my Nintendo Switch has blue screen when starting.

I only have the file rawnand.bin

How can it be solved?

Not sure if it will work 100% but I think you can do the nand restore and boot into CFW, and then do a system update or use ChoiDujourNX for the update part.

PeterDiaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if it will work 100% but I think you can do the nand restore and boot into CFW, and then do a system update or use ChoiDujourNX for the update part.

Try to restore and start cfw but I always see the blue screen

Will there be a way to extract the boot0 and boot1 files from rawnand.bin?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

He will need to boot trough hekate to skip the bootloader e-fuse check.

I can enter hekate and even the SX OS menu

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The backup version can't be inferior to the version that burnt e-fuses.
Downgrade isn't possible, It Will lead to another brick.

You can restore an older backup, but you MUST boot via something like Hekate (which ignores the E-fuse check). You should be able to update to the FW version which matches the amount of burnt e-fuses after that. It's a bit of a faff but it's doable.

OP:

Is it giving you a blue screen only when you try and boot CFW or both OFW and CFW? Do you also have your BIS Keys? If you do - may be able to salvage something using ChouDejour as Hayato linked.

Last edited by Flying Scotsman,
Reactions: Hayato213

PeterDiaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can restore an older backup, but you MUST boot via something like Hekate (which ignores the E-fuse check). You should be able to update to the FW version which matches the amount of burnt e-fuses after that. It's a bit of a faff but it's doable.

OP:

Is it giving you a blue screen only when you try and boot CFW or both OFW and CFW? Do you also have your BIS Keys? If you do - may be able to salvage something using ChouDejour as Hayato linked.
I can start Hekate easily, I have no problem

But the blue screen appears in both CFW and OFW

But I do not have the BIS Keys

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can start Hekate easily, I have no problem

But the blue screen appears in both CFW and OFW

But I do not have the BIS Keys

That's not good (both the lack of BIS keys and the former).

May need to call in the experts I'm afraid. Without the BIS Keys - I don't think you can use Chou to force an update (or at least patch any broken files).

PeterDiaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not good (both the lack of BIS keys and the former).

May need to call in the experts I'm afraid. Without the BIS Keys - I don't think you can use Chou to force an update (or at least patch any broken files).
I hope you can solve this friend

PrEtZaL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Likely your boot0/boot1 files, back them up using hekate and put them to one side in case you really fuck up.

Get you BISKEYS now, you have rawnand.bin already. So put you rawnand.bin, BISKEYS and both boot files safe somewhere.....

You'll need to extract 5.1.0 firmware using choidujour, then flash boot0 and boot1 from the choidujour extracted files using memloader and etcher.

Finally boot cfw with choidujour custom kip and hekate_ipl.ini.

If you want to use sxos you'll need to use briccmii to repair custdata.

Alternatively update to 6.1.0 using choidujour, that's more work, but if you know what you're doing takes no more than 6 or so minutes.

Last edited by PrEtZaL,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer