Hardware My new 3ds xl won't boot up

Jazz1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
To be clear, when I boot it up the blue light just turns on then off, I can still charge it though, nothing shows up on the screen and also, all of my data on the previous SD card is gone so I'm using a new one but nothing happens if I put the new SD card in. Please help, I don't know what to do.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the sd card reader may be bad. you need to get the boot.firm on the ctrnand. I'm not sure how to get it over there if the sd card isn't working. is it formatted to fat32? try another sd card.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you should be good then.

Jazz1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
the sd card reader may be bad. you need to get the boot.firm on the ctrnand. I'm not sure how to get it over there if the sd card isn't working. is it formatted to fat32? try another sd card.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you should be good then.
lol there is a screen showing me options

BHRundas10410

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I'm having the same problem with my New 3DS XL where the blue light turns on, makes a pop sound, then goes out. I just replaced the top screen, speaker cable, and ribbon cables for the home and shoulder buttons and it still won't work. Everything is connected properly and I checked twice to make sure there was no damage. Could what the other guy did work for me too? I never soft modded this system before, so I don't know if doing the thing with the SD card will work. Please someone let me know.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know why you're bumping a two-year-old thread instead of starting your own? Too late now.

Hi. I'm having the same problem with my New 3DS XL where the blue light turns on, makes a pop sound, then goes out. I just replaced the top screen, speaker cable, and ribbon cables for the home and shoulder buttons and it still won't work. Everything is connected properly and I checked twice to make sure there was no damage.
Well, you probably did it wrong. There is no better explanation.

Also this is a completely different problem than the one in the OP.

Could what the other guy did work for me too? I never soft modded this system before, so I don't know if doing the thing with the SD card will work. Please someone let me know.
No, putting files on your SD card isn't going to do the slightest bit of good if you never soft-modded your system.

Last edited by Kwyjor,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?