Kuschel-Drow

OP
Trophies
Website
kuschel-drow.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Meh okay the photos are crappy, I couldn't find my digicam so I was just using my crappy old Nokia phone...
Anyway, here's my DS.
smile.gif

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd throw that thing in the trash, it's hideous.
blink.gif

Shadiko said:
Awesome Mod, Did you buy extra shells and whatnot?

I think it goes without saying that he did :/

Tozarian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Looks like you did a good job on the shells and whatnot. I don't quite agree with your colour choices though. Black is always nice, but your red is way too bright! I don't know if is your camera or something.

Kuschel-Drow

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nah, it's a fair ferrari red.
smile.gif

I've always loved red.

Originally my DS was plain red, but I thought it looked like some kind of cheap toy in only one color. So I bought a new shell online. Then it was just combining the old screenframes and buttons with the new shell.

Maybe nothing special at all, but I love it.
smile.gif
At least I'm the only one with such a DS. ^^

The picture doesn't really show the metallic effect of the cover and the dragons on it but well... ^^

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I really like it..I like red-black combination, and it looks really nice in my opinion....Maybe one thing that "kinda bothers" me, are white letters and those white lines on buttons, would be better if it's red, but you can't change that, it's great..

I also did a case mod, we had a thread last year..

EDIT: Here, I did some digging, and found it http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=87315
Fixated.jpg

DSC06144.jpg

Kuschel-Drow

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You could always do something if it comes to buttons.
wink.gif

Even if it comes to the outside of the covercase. You just need the right colorspray and some experience with it. And some transparent color to seal it.

I did that once with an old Nokia case, so it should work for the DS case too. (BEFORE you assemble it xD) But I actually like the white letters.
smile.gif

The transparent case looks quite cool too, although I wouldn't like to have a look inside my DS all the time personally.

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You really shouldn't worry about voiding the warranty when it only lasts like 90 days to begin with.
Personally I think the DS looks alright - it should make a nice conversation piece - but that image overall is really ugly lol
Photoshop doesn't necessarily make every image look better, you know

maybe OP could take a few photo-tips from Toni, whose pics look super-slick

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Connorlucas18 said:
There's a reason they don't make the DS in that color usually
smile.gif

It's hideous.
I hope you're proud that you wasted time and money making your DS ugly and voiding your warranty.
You are aware that people do that because they like it more that way?!

I could say the same thing, I hope you're proud that you wasted time writing pointless reply to a thread..
huh.gif

I like my NDS just the way it is now, I imagined it that way, and I made it that way, I know that some people prefer original colors, I know that some people just don't like transparent housing, but don't make such negative comments, because there is no need for it..You can say that you just don't like it, or don't prefer the choice of color, but suggesting that someone wasted their time pointlessly to make their NDS ugly is really uncalled for!

QUOTEmaybe OP could take a few photo-tips from Toni, whose pics look super-slick
blush.gif
Thanks a lot!

Kuschel-Drow

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Connorlucas18 said:
There's a reason they don't make the DS in that color usually
smile.gif

It's hideous.
I hope you're proud that you wasted time and money making your DS ugly and voiding your warranty.

Sure I did!
tongue.gif

And I enjoy postings like that one every time. xD

Plus... As for the warranty I do not care... I could buy 3 new NDSL's every month so what? And I wouldn't have touched it if I wasn't absolutely sure about what I am doing.
I could have gotten a creimson red DS, but the buttons and everything else would still have been black, so I preferred this way.
smile.gif
(And it was much cheaper though.) And I've had the pleassant feeling of doing something with my own hands instead of jsut go and buy it. But I guess some people will never understand things like that, being quite narrow minded... well...

And like I said the photos were taken with a crappy VGA camera of my old old Nokia cell phone. (Got a new Samsung already with a 3mpx cam) so no graphics suite of the world could ever have fixed ´them.
But I agree that the other photos look awesome!
smile.gif

Rogue_Ninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty nice mod man. I would like to hook mine up but i have the Mario edition sure would have like a luigi edition instead.

Kuschel-Drow

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thehehe I did it again.
smile.gif

So far for the red one. I did like its old appearance, but it just wouldn't fit into a crystal shell, so I made up my mind to change it again to make it fit. Lies better in my huge hands then. xD Plus the shell really stabilizes the upper screen.

foto0274.jpg

foto0275.jpg

And as for my white one... I kniew that it wouldn't stay plain white for too long, although I really liked its simplenes. Well it's still white, with a veeery light blue transparent case, which actually looks quite nice. I didn't change the inner appearance though, it's still plain white there. But well... See it for yourselves...
biggrin.gif

foto0306.jpg

And yeah my camera is an damn old crappy thing... I'm too lazy to run over to my dad and get his digicam... it's too hot over here by now. xD Oh yeah and sorry for the dobble posting. ^^"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill