Hardware My left JoyCon moves on its own

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 5,874
  • Replies 18
D

Deleted User

OP
Hey, gbatemp. My left JoyCon's joystick moves on its own. I have cleaned it extensively and tried pouring isopropyl on it to get any dust out but none of that seems to work. I am on SX if that has anything to do with it and it only started happening with SX? Maybe that is the case but I would like some help with this please. It happens when connected and not connected to the console. Thanks in advance!

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, gbatemp. My left JoyCon's joystick moves on its own. I have cleaned it extensively and tried pouring isopropyl on it to get any dust out but none of that seems to work. I am on SX if that has anything to do with it and it only started happening with SX? Maybe that is the case but I would like some help with this please. It happens when connected and not connected to the console. Thanks in advance!

Is it only on the home screen?
If so, could it not be the right joycon too? Since moving either joycon stick navigates the menu.

D

Deleted_444986

OP

i've got the same problem with my right joycon

D

Deleted User

OP
Is it only on the home screen?
If so, could it not be the right joycon too? Since moving either joycon stick navigates the menu.
It is in both game and at the home screen and it is the left. I disconnected my right just to be sure

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
It's probably just broken.
My left stick drifts pretty heavily sometimes. My right stick is starting to do that too.
These joy cons aren't very well made it seems.

D

Deleted User

OP
It's probably just broken.
My left stick drifts pretty heavily sometimes. My right stick is starting to do that too.
These joy cons aren't very well made it seems.
Possibly. I ordered a new joystick and I am going to replace it if I have too.

D

Deleted User

OP
I've fixed a few by very carefully taking them apart (the actual stick module) and cleaning them out and lubricating them. They are a pain in the ass though because they have folded metal tabs that keep the base connected to the plastic sides of the module and if you bend them too much one way, they break when you bend them back. I've also got a bunch on order from china, but the ETA is something like end of August :wacko: they are really really poorly made vs say the sticks in a dual shock 4 or xbox one controller, and just use pronged sliders along a resistance grid so if anything isn't perfectly smooth they just drift all over the place.

D

Deleted User

OP
I've fixed a few by very carefully taking them apart (the actual stick module) and cleaning them out and lubricating them. They are a pain in the ass though because they have folded metal tabs that keep the base connected to the plastic sides of the module and if you bend them too much one way, they break when you bend them back. I've also got a bunch on order from china, but the ETA is something like end of August :wacko: they are really really poorly made vs say the sticks in a dual shock 4 or xbox one controller, and just use pronged sliders along a resistance grid so if anything isn't perfectly smooth they just drift all over the place.
thanks!

Lpckid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had problem joy on wont work re insert then worked but best way no problem have no joycons at all in start up of sx iso then when get to main screen put right in first then left solves problems that I had it's sx iso bug but I'm happy with it so far try that.

Chipidy

Trophies
Website
www.chipidychipgaming.com
XP
Country
Canada

Haunted

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I bought a cheap chinese replacement too.
It straight up just doesn't work. Moves upward indefinitely.
They also have "original" parts but those were kinda expensive.

D

Deleted User

OP
I bought a cheap chinese replacement too.
It straight up just doesn't work. Moves upward indefinitely.
They also have "original" parts but those were kinda expensive.
Great that figures =/ I'll be salty if they take that long to arrive only to be no good =(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked