Hardware My L button has stopped working.

FireSeel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The L button on my 3ds has completely stopped working, it does not respond to any presses at all. It is a launch 3ds, so I assume the warranty has expired, what can I do?

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
simple answer, Fix It.

it probably just need to be cleaned. get a triwing screwdriver, remove back shell and cleanwith Q-tip. if it still dosent work then solder in a new button, its not hard, and replacement buttons are cheap.

in the future you should take better care of your stuff.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Just outta curiosity, where did you buy yours? I got mine at Tesco brand new and it was at launch too, just wondering how well you take care of yours and if there was anything that you did that might of damaged it? Im starting to get worried about something like this happening to mine too.

FireSeel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just outta curiosity, where did you buy yours? I got mine at Tesco brand new and it was at launch too, just wondering how well you take care of yours and if there was anything that you did that might of damaged it? Im starting to get worried about something like this happening to mine too.
I had one from GAME at launch, and my friend got one too. Then, I sold mine because there were no games I wanted for it ( this was before the 1st party games came out), but half a year ago, I bought my friends off him, so I dont know what he diid with it.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This happened with my launch 3DS, and I could not fix it.

I came here for suggestions even and none of them worked, they were just temporary fixes.

Luckily I took it back to the store (EB Games) and they swapped it out for me. But if you are gonna try that and they do swap it, don't expect them to let you perform a system transfer first.

You could sent it to Nintendo for repair, but be prepared to shell out some cash.

Riyrt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS L/R buttons are socketed. If you are patient and are careful, take it apart and see if it came loose off the socket, if not replace it. It's fairly easy to get to without having to remove much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out