Hacking my flashing cable might be defect...

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm trying to update my m3izero, but so far nothing has helped. what should I do to flash it?(sending it back is NO OPTION!)

i have a dslite and a dsi with 1.3 for alternate options.
please help!

nilly

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kajdan said:
I'm trying to update my m3izero, but so far nothing has helped. what should I do to flash it?(sending it back is NO OPTION!)

i have a dslite and a dsi with 1.3 for alternate options.
please help!

I've seen those cables being sold as spareparts on some webshops for around 3eur, if you got any reason to suspect the cable is broken you could pick up a spare, have you followed the guide to the word, the card should be facing downward while inserting the cable.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The cable only supplies power to the M3i. I guess you could try to hack something to supply power to the board -- I dont know how much would be needed -- and you might fry your card...

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
try putting the m3i in your DS or dsi and using the card slot to power the m3i.

just a word of warning though: my ds might have been broken already, but when i tried this it blew a fuse in the DS and i cannot get it to charge or turn on now

nilly

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Schizoanalysis said:
The cable only supplies power to the M3i. I guess you could try to hack something to supply power to the board -- I dont know how much would be needed -- and you might fry your card...

USB is 5v, but i would recommend using a multimeter and check what you (in voltage) get on the other end of the cable, with the cable connected to your computer.
it might aswell be the card that is faulty.

If you'r all out of multimeters you could always lick the cable end
smile.gif
smile.gif
lols

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you for the licking option. it's not the cable that's broken, but the card itself
smile.gif

my tongue did get a shock, so that explains a lot. I'm gonna try getting all the dust out my card and see if that works.

Thank you!

nilly

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kajdan said:
Thank you for the licking option. it's not the cable that's broken, but the card itself
smile.gif

my tongue did get a shock, so that explains a lot. I'm gonna try getting all the dust out my card and see if that works.

Thank you!

You licked it? lolz. thats how a real man checks his power voltage, 5v small buzz, 12v yah numbing tounge, 220v like a jaw-breaking uppercut from ear-biting tyson.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM