Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Yesterday night I've gone to the bookstore to get myself a few more books to keep my busy (Eid Vacation).
I went over to the Young Adult section (I'm not 13 yet yeah I'm pretty young but love reading) and then went under the Manga section.
So well I opened a few books and noticed they go from right to left... What the heck? xD All of them were that way, not just one title. I guess that's how Manga should be.
Anyway, I opened a few Manga's and read a few pages from each. They seemed like crap, then one caught my attention. The title was "Psycho Busters" part 1. I bought it late last night. I came back home at 10. I showered, brushed my teeth, ate and etc.. And slept at 11 (leaving me only a few minutes to read) and well I woke up today and immediately started reading and before I knew it, I finished the WHOLE book. It was very enjoyable and I look forward to reading the continuations of that title.
So, anyone read Psycho Busters?
And uhh... Which Manga titles are YOU reading these days?
tongue.gif

By the way, if you happen to be interested in Psycho Busters, check it out here.
Oh yeah, I don't think Psycho Busters has an official website or anything so yeah.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, right to left, it's how Japanese literature works. Originally when brought to the US things were simply flipped, but that can cause issues with directions (and markings on certain sides of the body and such), and purists bitch, so now it's pretty much all right to left.

That series looks interesting.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TheTwoR's said:
So well I opened a few books and noticed they go from right to left... What the heck? xD All of them were that way, not just one title. I guess that's how Manga should be.
The title was "Psycho Busters" part 1.
tongue.gif
They do that 'cos otherwise, the images'd be the wrong way round, or it's look odd in other ways, as it's originally written right-left.
I've heard of Psycho Busters
unsure.gif
I think it's had pretty decent reviews.
happy.gif

The manga I'm reading.
Dammit, Rydian beat me :3

TheTwoR's

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Rydian said:
Yeah, right to left, it's how Japanese literature works. Originally when brought to the US things were simply flipped, but that can cause issues with directions (and markings on certain sides of the body and such), and purists bitch, so now it's pretty much all right to left.

That series looks interesting.

Ahh, should have known.
tongue.gif

I don't know about the whole series, but honestly part 1 was amazing. I'd say, second best on the list of ALL books I've read (not just manga).
Very good one.

shlong said:
QUOTE(TheTwoR's @ Nov 16 2010, 08:25 PM) So well I opened a few books and noticed they go from right to left... What the heck? xD All of them were that way, not just one title. I guess that's how Manga should be.
The title was "Psycho Busters" part 1.
tongue.gif
They do that 'cos otherwise, the images'd be the wrong way round, or it's look odd in other ways, as it's originally written right-left.
I've heard of Psycho Busters
unsure.gif
I think it's had pretty decent reviews.
happy.gif

The manga I'm reading.
Dammit, Rydian beat me :3

Yup, Rydian got you.
I'll check that "Fairy Tale" one you're reading since it has a pretty high rating.
And that "Angel Sanctuary" one as well
tongue.gif

I don't know why I didn't start reading manga years ago.

TheTwoR's

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Demonbart said:
I read Bleach till volume 30, then lost interest in the story.
I pretty much only read Gantz and Zelda nowadays.

Well, I Wikipedia'd Bleach and it sounds like a pretty good title. I should maybe start.
Not too sure if I'm correct, but I google'd the Zelda manga titles and apparently for some reason I think they're too childish? =/
Honestly though, if that IS what you read, I'm not looking at it from your point of view. In other words, I wouldn't read those
tongue.gif

I couldn't get a good look and Gantz but it doesn't sound bad to me...
Wow.. I never knew so many people on here read Manga.

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
Be warned that many manga have 30+ volumes.
smile.gif

You should say what genre do you prefer (you can base it on anime if you watch them) because there are a lot of them around, so we can suggest you some titles. ^^

ilea said:
Katekyo hitman Reborn !

Ah I'm reading it atm (currently I'm at vol 21). Great manga!
Still don't get why they stopped publishing it in Italy at vol 18, it's even talking about Italian Mafia (at least the name lol).

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Use myanimelist.net for recommendations and stuff.
This is my list ATM.
Jyuushin Enbu - Hero Tales
Soul Eater
Witch Hunter
D.Gray-Man

Do you read it in Dutch, French or English? (since your from Belgium..)

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
TheTwoR's said:
Demonbart said:
I read Bleach till volume 30, then lost interest in the story.
I pretty much only read Gantz and Zelda nowadays.

Well, I Wikipedia'd Bleach and it sounds like a pretty good title. I should maybe start.
Not too sure if I'm correct, but I google'd the Zelda manga titles and apparently for some reason I think they're too childish? =/
Honestly though, if that IS what you read, I'm not looking at it from your point of view. In other words, I wouldn't read those
tongue.gif

I couldn't get a good look and Gantz but it doesn't sound bad to me...
Wow.. I never knew so many people on here read Manga.
Bleach = First arc is fun, after that it's meh.
Zelda = Kinda simple, but not really that childish. They're good if you're too lazy to play through the games like me, but still wanna know what the story's about.
Gantz = Titties and exploding bodies, so I wouldn't recommend it for someone your age, but if you wanna read it anyway, it's not my fault if your parents catch you
tongue.gif

EDIT: Another recommendation, if you like to keep to the original story, just read the manga, and don't watch the anime (except in wolf's rain's case.)

Kiekoes

Former DS-Scene Staff
Trophies
Website
ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dude, just one tip, read Shaman King. It's the best manga I've ever read (I read 100+ series). Listen to me, I was around 11/12 when I started it (I'm 14 now) and I still really enjoy reading it over and over again (I read the whole series for about 10 times now). If you are interested, here's the Wikipedia page:

WikiPedia (German)

Please read the masterpiece and tell me what you think about it. Oh, and btw, the last volume (volume 32) just released in Germany
wink.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Here's a few manga you could try:

Monster
MPD Psycho
20th Century Boys
BLAME!
Hellsing
Claymore
Berserk

Kiekoes

Former DS-Scene Staff
Trophies
Website
ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Demonbart said:
Kiekoes said:
Read Shaman King, and after reading it, watch the Anime (different storylines).
No offense, but I think he knows what you want him to read by now XD
Also @ OP: Read Detroit Metal City if you like metal and humor.
Yeah I know
tongue.gif
But I really really really want people to read the series
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: bored, guess i'll spread more democracy