acoustic.digital

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hey.
Today is a fine day. my girl is at uni, and i'm sitting around, sometimes on the computer, sometimes i just play guitar, sometimes i'm just fucking bored. I think i have serious problems at the moment. I'm starting to get lazy, i don't have any friends to go out with. Every day repeats itself. I thought it was a good idea to move far away from home, and I like it here. But it is so damn hard to find nice people in such a big city.
I think its called a cultural shock. everything seems so awesome, but once you're where you want to be, all the awesomeness is half gone.
Everything started in 2006. I was still in high school, and I had the best time in my life; school wasn't that hard, we had an awesome summer. I partied every weekend, and I had a successful band. I could afford everything I wanted because I got a job where I only worked on weekends for 5 hrs.
Then my love came in our town.
She was an australian exchange student, and she came to 'have a look around germany'. why not, i thought, but why the hell did she come to us instead of berlin or another big city. you know, my hometown is pretty small, its more like a province, a village where everybody knows each other. anyway.
It was love at the first sight for me. I was stunned. She was perfect for me. Everything was right. And the best thing was, that she loved me just as much.
It took some time until i finally spilled the beans, but once I had enough balls to kiss her, I did. And it was the best kiss in my life.
I was so fucking happy. We had (and still have, mind you : ) the best relationship that I could possibly imagine. She had the same interest as me, and we just knew what we wanted. but there was only one problem. She's an aussie, and I'm german.
She had to leave Germany in Jan 2007. And I swore that I fight for her and come back to her as soon as possible.

thats when my life completely changed.

I had to give up everything. I had to find a new job. I needed to make enough money to afford a plane ticket for June 2007, which wasn't easy. I worked in a metal factory; and I had 5 hr shifts almost every day. That means: go to school at 7am, leave school at 2pm (or 3pm), eat something quick at home and go to work at 3:30pm. And I still haven't done any homework by then.
As you can imagine, my results in school were horrible. I just couldn't catch up, it was way too hard for me to do everything on one day. And I decided to keep on going, not caring about my education for now.
I decided to quit school. I didn't make any sense to me anymore, all I wanted is to go to Queensland and see my girl again.
You know, it's not like i didn't achieve anything, i's just like that I could have done better at school.

I finally made enough money to buy a plane ticket. Cost me around 2000us$. A shit load of money for a 17 year old bloke.
I went to Australia for 8 weeks, from june to mid august. And we still loved each other as if we were never apart.
She has gotten a confirmation that she can study muscular-skeletal therapy in brisbane; and we had to make another decision.
And we decided that I give my life up in Germany and live with her in Brisbane.
I didn't have a problem with that; Australia is an awesome country and I love it far more than my hometown.
So, I went back to germany to work my arse off once more, to gather enough money to get a visa and, of course, the ticket.
It was a lot easier for me, because I didn't have to go to school anymore. My old boss kicked me out of the factory, because he found somebody else who could do the dirty work. Off i went, job-hunting. I ended up working at DHL. I got 5$/hr, and all I had to do was packing other peoples mail into big shipping containers. The work was hard, and the pay was.. how should i put it,... insufficient : ). I worked overtime, and managed it to get it done.
It wasn't just the work I had to worry about; a lot of people thought that I was crazy. 'he'll never do it!' or 'he doesn't have the slightest clue about what he plans to do!' were the most popular opinions. All I had left was: my closest friends and my family.
I know that I can stick to my friends forever (thanks maz-, you know that we'll be friends forever : ), and my family supports me as good as they can.
During october/november 2007, my mum's husband decided to sell our old house to buy a bigger one. I have to mention that my mum's husband and I are not 'compatible', he's one of the people that I disgust the most. He bought a house. It was big, but
needed to be renovated from head to toe. now guess who's done all the work : D
My mum's husband (I'll call him Mr.T from now on) lost his work shortly after he signed the contract, and my family was in deep shit. I still had to manage my financial problems and renovate the house so that my mum had a place to sleep. Mr.T just didn't give a shit. As long as he and his little brat (Mr.T2) were happy.
At some point, everything just was too much for me. My mum knew that i was gonna leave. She knew that I had massive problems to get everything right. And still I had that huge burden on me (the house, my work, my desire to leave).
I just clenched my bumcheeks together and left Germany at the 3th feb.

I was free.

I finally made it. I could see my girl again, I could live in Australia again, I was free.
We're living in a 1 bedroom apartment in Brisbane; she's a full-time student, and I work in an italian restaurant.
But I lost everything else. I have no friends around here (except for some chinese people around here, but they're not the kind of people to be close friends with), and every day is just the same. I have the mornings off, and work at night.
every day.
I sort of gave up my music as well; I sold almost all my equipment in germany (i was only allowed to have 20kg luggage, and shipping was way too expensive : ), split up with the band. But I still make music more or less, bu i isn't as fun as it was anymore. But I will get back on track; music is still a big part of my life.

I wanted to write my story down. It feels good when you actually do it.
All i wanted to say with that whole blog is that things don't turn out as you wanted them to do. I certainly don't live a better life than before, I gave up more that I actually got back. I'm glad I went that way, because my girlfriend means everything to me. I love her with all my heart.

Thanks for listening,

bye.

-Chris

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, Chris, for taking the time to tell your story. I must say, it's always interesting to take a glimpse into the life of another and pull inspiration from their experiences. It was a very touching account of events, I hope you and your girlfriend enjoy many years of happiness and prosperity in the future!
happy.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting read.

Good luck with getting your music back on track. maybe you can find a new band and friends through that pursuit.

Keep up your effort!

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Your girlfriend is lucky.
What you've done is something I couldn't do.
I've had 2 great relationships that ended because we had to go back to different countries and well I just gave up.
While I don't regret what I do, your post made me think of What If's.

You have the right attitude and you work hard to get what you want. If you're looking for friends there, I bet you'll find some with that attitude.

acoustic.digital

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thanks guys,
it means a lot to me what you said.
Sometimes I just wanna give up, but people like you remind me of what I actually wanna achieve.

thanks bois : D

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow stories like these always amaze me. I'd never have the balls to drop everything and go live in another country.. I have to have everything set out for me.. I need a plan to follow.

All the best to you! I hope you and your girlfriend live happy lives together
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY