My final Xbox 360 questions.

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by R2DJ, Nov 18, 2008.

Nov 18, 2008

My final Xbox 360 questions. by R2DJ at 12:53 AM (1,133 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. R2DJ
    OP

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    I have been asking a lot of questions about the 360 lately and I assure to the peeps that this will be the last. So I'll pile them up:

1) I know that if you get any 360, you will get a free Live Silver and a 30-day trial of Gold. Will the trial only begin when you want to i.e. when you confirm that you want to use Live Gold or does it count down automatically the first time you use Live?

2) Will I need a hard drive or should I go for the Arcade? When I get the 360, I'll get either GHWT or RB2 depending on the answer.

3) Will there be a game+guitar only bundle of RB2?

4) If I get the Arcade, will I be legible for the memory upgrade programme where I type in the serial no. of the Arcade (when I have it) and you can get a 20GB HDD for £20?

5) Is 20GB enough for me? I think the only things I will do with Live is online play, installation of some games, download 2-3 demos. I will delete the ones that I won't use anymore.

Thanks in advance.

2. Zenith94

Member Zenith94 1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz

United States
    1) When you first make your gamertag on XBL you get a free month so you can make 10 gamertags each with a free month on them

5) hard to say i would just go for the 60gb or 120gb cause there are many other things you will be downloading like your games which are 6.8 gbs each

3. R2DJ
    OP

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    So you're forced to use Gold? There's nothing like a choice like "Do you want to start the 30-day trial of Live Gold?" or "Do you want to use Silver instead?"

4. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    you can only do that 3 times per xbox
    the 4th gamertag you make wont receive a free 1 month trail

also you can choose when to activate that 1 month
    it will say you qualify for a free month and asks you if you want to start it

5. HokageNaruto

Member HokageNaruto GBAtemp Regular

United States
    2) If you want to do what you said in #5, you will need an HDD

5) 20GB should be enough

I dunno about that other stuff lol

6. Prime

Member Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    1) When you want to use gold it will start the trial

2) if you want DLC or install games you'll need a hard drive

4) Yes you will

5) I think not, games take up around 6GB and by some i guess you mean around 3 which is 18GB and you don't get that much (btw you don't get the full 20GB due to formatting and system items take up)

7. mew and lugia

Banned mew and lugia Banned

United States
    i is bored

i is bored

8. rush57

Newcomer rush57 Member

United States
    honestly man, you should definately get a hard drive. The new feature of installing games onto your hard drive to decrease drive noise and help shorten loading time will down the line get better because i think developers will keep that in mind and will optimize and incorporate that feature so that the game runs smoother.

I would get the pro or the elite because its got enough hard drive space to keep you going for a while. An average install size for a game is like 5 gigs or so, so if you get a 20 gig your going to be filling up pretty fast. Personally the 20 gig drive I have is almost always filled up from like downloaded content for games and patches/fixes for online games like gears of war 2 being like 100 megs.

9. Immortal Game

Member Immortal Game GBAtemp Regular

United States
    3) I don't think there has been one announced, and as far as I know they probably won't, because Rock Band is more about the whole thing, since it's kind of a party game. You can get one separately, but it's like 70 bucks and you might as well pay a bit extra for the whole bundle.