1. zsakul2

zsakul2 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I forgot to say, Congratulations waffle for getting further along :)!

2. Bond697

Bond697 Dies, died, will die.

United States
    congrats on accomplishing nothing using someone else's code.

Hozu, tyons and NEP like this.
  3. fierce waffle

OP fierce waffle GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks?

Margen67 likes this.
  4. fatcat1413

fatcat1413 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Dang, wish something like that could be done on 7.0 :(

5. Bond697

United States
    So just to be clear, the 2 people you mentioned managed to figure out the gateway exploit by doing nothing but look at the NVRAM ROP chain? They had no RAM dump or anything else? And you managed to do the same thing separately(eventually culminating in you being able to dump RAM without having a RAM dump to start with), but with a document (possibly provided by the first 2 guys) that generally outlined what the ROP chain pieces did?

Is that all correct? I believe it, I just wanted to make sure I have it 100% right.

6. williamcesar2

williamcesar2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    keep it up ! congratulation

Margen67 likes this.
  7. profi200

profi200 Banned
    Banned

Gambia, The
    That's correct, but the document was not from them. Someone uploaded it to help another team. I better say not who, because i don't want to piss on others vehicle :tpi:

Anyway, a part of this document was pasted month's ago on #3dsdev and someone pasted it again 2 days ago.

8. Bond697

United States

Interesting, thank you. I'll have to see if I can track that down somewhere. I've actually managed to make a little progress on how the NVRAM ROP chain works, myself. I'd love to see if my observations match up with it.

9. Jackalus

Jackalus Member
    Newcomer

Finland
    Good jooooob, finally someone working on it publicly. I would be also interested in working on this. What asm does 3DS use ? arm asm?

10. greyneon

greyneon Advanced Member
    Newcomer

This is all made by software? Or du you have any hardware involved?
    Myself is experimenting with the SD bus

11. profi200

profi200 Banned
    Banned

Gambia, The
    Of course.

Code:
    mov r0, #0

12. Jackalus

Jackalus Member
    Newcomer

Finland
    Ah haven't done that in a while. I mostly reverse stuff on Windows and Linux with x64 asm and x86 asm.
    Any irc channel or such where we could talk. I got flashcart and 4.5 3DS at home but no Gateway.

13. Deleted User
    This message by Deleted User has been removed from public view by Cyan, Dec 19, 2013, Reason: offtopic.
    Dec 19, 2013
  14. ResleyZ
    This message by ResleyZ has been removed from public view by Cyan, Dec 19, 2013, Reason: offtopic.
    Dec 19, 2013
  15. Deleted User
    This message by Deleted User has been removed from public view by Cyan, Dec 19, 2013, Reason: offtopic.
    Dec 19, 2013
  16. Jackalus
    This message by Jackalus has been removed from public view by Cyan, Dec 19, 2013, Reason: offtopic.
    Dec 19, 2013
  17. tyons

tyons GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Italy
    guys, don't forget that waffle copied everything from someone else. read the previous page.

18. Jackalus

Jackalus Member
    Newcomer

Finland
    Yes so what, at least he is working on something.

Margen67 likes this.
  19. tyons

tyons GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Italy
    I would say exactly the same if he didn't change "gateway" into "fakeway" and made other minor changes in order to fool us (or at least the less expereinced ones).

20. Jackalus

Jackalus Member
    Newcomer

Finland
    Err the code was pasted in earlier pages, he just used that. I don't see him claiming he did that all by himself.

Margen67 likes this.
  21. profi200

profi200 Banned
    Banned

Gambia, The
    Why do you ask? If you want help on how to setup Gateway, here are enough threads.

ARM ASM is easy compared to others.

22. Jackalus
    This message by Jackalus has been removed from public view by Cyan, Dec 19, 2013, Reason: offtopic.
    Dec 19, 2013
  23. Deleted User
    Dec 19, 2013
  24. profi200

profi200 Banned
    Banned

Gambia, The
    Jackalus
    You need to do it yourself. Go with waffle or do your own stuff ;) I don't work on that stuff alone, even if it looks like.
    (And to be honest, why do you think, if we talk privately, i give you all my stuff? I only share stuff with peoples, which got code execution working.)

25. Jackalus
    This message by Jackalus has been removed from public view by Cyan, Dec 19, 2013, Reason: offtopic and trolling.
    Dec 19, 2013
  26. Deleted User
    This message by Deleted User has been removed from public view by Cyan, Dec 19, 2013, Reason: offtopic and trolling.
    Dec 19, 2013
  27. Jackalus
    This message by Jackalus has been removed from public view by Cyan, Dec 19, 2013, Reason: offtopic and trolling.
    Dec 19, 2013
  28. Deleted User
    This message by Deleted User has been removed from public view by Cyan, Dec 19, 2013, Reason: offtopic and trolling.
    Dec 19, 2013
  29. Jackalus
    Dec 19, 2013
  30. Deleted User
    Dec 19, 2013
  31. Jackalus
    Dec 19, 2013
  32. profi200

profi200 Banned
    Banned

Gambia, The
    If you do your own stuff or do it with others in a team, no problem, but don't expect others just share their stuff, only because someone came and asked for. I know the potential of piracy of this exploit. It is very easy to run ROMs from the SD card with this. I don't want this to happen, otherwise i had already released all my stuff ;)

My 2 cents.

33. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Former Staff

France
    That's enough offtopic.
    Jackalus, stop replying to him and do what you want. Hypocrite or scientific mind, it won't change anything.

If this thread is done talking about the exploit and how it works, I'll close it.
    If you want to argument about piracy and morals, go to IRC.

Margen67, Queno138 and filfat like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Experimentation, Profile, Exploit